Uneven or unequal skin tone is an unusual problem. Some of the causes of uneven skin tone are excess melanin, excessive sun exposure, and melasma or increased hormone motivation. Uneven skin tone since birth may be difficult to solve. People suffering from this crisis spend lots of money for face masks to level off the skin tone. Cosmetic stores sell face masks but their effects are only temporary. After washing, the problem is still there. Permanent solutions to the problem are also available but rather expensive. Making your own face mask may solve the problem. Here are some homemade remedies for treating uneven skin tone:
- Tomatoes. Cut a big ripe tomato in half. Remove the seeds and rub the halves on the discolored skin for about 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse with tap water. Repeat procedure once a day, before bedtime.
- Tomatoes with yogurt. Cut a tomato to remove the seeds. Process the mixture in a blender and combine the paste with yogurt. Use the mixture to mask the discolored skin. Wait for 2 to 5 minutes before washing with regular cleaner.
- Yogurt and lime juice. Blend yogurt and lime juice gently. Apply on the discolored area and leave it for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the mask by washing with tap water. Repeat the application once a day until the skin shows an even tone.
- Honey and lemon juice. Mix one part honey and one part lemon juice in a small bowl. Mask the mixture to the uneven skin tone. After 10 minutes, wash with regular cleaner.
- Oatmeal and lemon juice.
- Stir the lemon juice and oatmeal. Place the mixture in the fridge to cool. Leave for ten minutes.
- Pour warm water into a basin. Soak a face towel in the warm water. Squeeze some water out and spread the towel over the discolored area. Leave the skin covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove the face towel and lightly massage the skin with the mixture. Wait for 15 minutes.
- Wash the mask off with regular water and dry the skin with a towel.
- Repeat the treatment once or twice a week.
There are several treatments for uneven skin tone. Be patient in trying one remedy after the other if you do not see better result during the first attempt. The above foods such as tomatoes, yogurt, lemon juice, honey, and oatmeal are all noted for their medicinal properties in helping prevent skin breakouts, discoloration and infections. Their preparation and application assure you that such treatment is safe and do not have side effects on your skin. You only select the mask ingredients to treat the skin that requires attention.
Making your own face mask to treat uneven skin tone gives you the opportunity to learn different cleansing, refining and treating effects of some biological extracts and chemical substances from common vegetable and food products. You may have been surprised to find out their medicinal effects without turning to the expensive commercial face masks.