Cleaning your face regularly is essential to maintaining good skin. If you wash your face properly with the right products, you can help decrease the chances of getting breakouts and help your skin looking clearer, fresher and more radiant.
When caring for your skin, you don’t need to spend a lot of money or use all sorts of products to get results. You can make your own beauty products with a few key ingredients.
Here’s how to make a honey sugar facial scrub. It’s an all natural facial wash that your skin will simply love.
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser. Before you use a scrub, rinse your face with warm water and use a mild cleanser. This prepares the skin for any scrubs, masks or other treatments you want to do.
- Combine equal parts honey and sugar. In a small bowl, mix together honey and granulated white sugar. If the honey is too thick, leave it out so it is at room temperature, or microwave on high for ten seconds to warm it up. This will make the consistency of the honey a little runnier. When the honey and sugar are well blended, you can now apply it on to your washed skin.
- Combine honey, sugar and milk. This sounds like a recipe for a cake, but this delicious combination can work wonders for your skin. Combine a teaspoon of white sugar, a tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of milk in a small bowl. Use full cream milk instead of low fat or non-fat milk. The lactic acid in the milk will help exfoliate the skin without drying it. The honey will act as an antiseptic to help prevent breakouts while the sugar will also help remove dead skin cells.
- Add a teaspoon of sugar to your favorite cleanser to make it into a scrub. If you want to do a combination scrub and cleanser, combine sugar and honey with a mild cleanser. Use a basic face wash, such as Cetaphil, Neutrogena or other clear facial wash. Add a dollop of honey and a teaspoon of sugar in a small bowl and mix with a few drops of the facial cleanser. Once it is well blended, you can now use it to wash you face.
- Apply the product to your skin and scrub gently. With your fingertips, carefully put the honey sugar scrub on your skin and rub with gentle circular motions. There’s no need to be harsh or use other abrasives. The sugar granules will act as an exfoliant while the honey will help keep the skin moisturized. After a few minutes, rinse it off the skin completely then pat the skin dry with a soft towel.
So the next time you’re at the cosmetics counter or beauty aisle at a
store, think twice about spending your hard earned money on products you
don’t actually need or you can even make yourself at home. Try this
honey sugar facial scrub and you’ll simply adore how your skin looks and
feels after you use it.