Having bad hair days can ruin your day. To maintain your bouncy and shiny hair, you must give your hair a hot oil treatment once in a while. Going to the salon entails having to spend a lot of money for the hot oil treatment. The good thing is, you can make your own hot oil treatment to restore your luscious and bouncy hair!
Making your own hot oil treatment is way cheaper than going to the salon. This is a great fix for your bad hair days! You may even have the ingredients that you need at home so you wouldn’t have to pay for anything!
Here are the steps on how you can make your own hot oil treatment:
- Ingredients and materials. Gather all the ingredients and materials that you need for making the hot oil treatment. You will need a shower cap, a small mixing bowl, a large basin, olive oil and honey.
- Mix ingredients. In the small mixing bowl, mix together two tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of honey. Mix until both of the ingredients are well combined. Get boiling water and pour it in the large basin. Afterwards, put the small mixing bowl in the large basin. This will heat the hot oil mixture.
- Using the hot oil. Apply the mixture of the hot oil on your hair. Be sure to massage it well on the scalp and on your hair. When it is already massaged on your scalp and hair, use the shower cap and wear it over your hair for about twenty minutes. This will keep the heat in. If you want, you can also take a warm bath while wearing the shower cap on your head. The heat from the water will help keep the heat on your hair.
- Washing off hot oil. When twenty minutes is up, you can already wash off the hot oil treatment off of your hair. First, rinse out the oils. Afterwards, shampoo your hair until all the oil is gone. For best results, use a hair conditioner after shampooing.
- Alternatives. You can also substitute the olive oil for other types of oil that can also be good for your hair. Some of the oil treatments that will help your hair restore its shine are jojoba oil and also jasmine oil.
These are the easy steps on how you can make your own hot oil treatment for your hair at home. You can do a hot oil treatment for your hair at least once a month. This will help restore the shine and body of your hair. By doing this, you won’t have to go to the salon and pay for an expensive hot oil treatment.
Hot oil treatment is not the only thing that you can do at home by yourself. There are a lot of do-it-yourself mixtures that you can do by gathering some ingredients from your kitchen. You can make face masks, body scrubs, power, lotion and many more. All you have to do is research for the procedure and get the materials that are needed.