Advocates of organic living claim that the chemicals present in products that people commonly use are causing different ailments—even bad skin. A lot of people believe in that, too. That is why many women choose to make their own mixture for beauty treatments instead of buying them from a store. At least with a DIY beauty product, you are sure that what you will be using is safe and 100% natural. If you have excess kiwi fruit in the fridge, start trying a natural face mask using this fruit.
Kiwi has a generous amount of Vitamin C, making it very effective in fighting acne and early signs of aging. Putting this fruit just as it is on your face can already give you a satisfactory effect. But if you want it to be more effective, then follow the recipe below:
- Grind one kiwi fruit in a blender until it has liquid consistency.
- Add more ingredients to the kiwi fruit. Add one tablespoon of powdered almonds, one tablespoon of powdered nutmegs, one tablespoon of olive oil, and two tablespoons plain curd. Blend everything until the mixture becomes similar to a whipped cream.
- Add about two drops of orange or lemon juice. Mix the ingredients well. Keep the kiwi face mask in a dry bottle or canister. It is now ready for use.
To use this facial mask, wet your face with warm water first. Apply some kiwi facial mask on your face. Gently massage your face in a circular motion for about two minutes. Leave the facial mask on for about 15 minutes before washing it off with warm water.
This facial mask recipe has exfoliating, nourishing, and moisturizing effect. Your face will instantly brighten up and you’ll feel better skin elasticity. Continue using the kiwi facial mask everyday and your skin will get better and better. This mixture can last up to a week when refrigerated. Check the smell and texture of the mixture before using it. Any changes on the mixture are signs that it’s not anymore safe and effective to use.
The recipe above requires a lot of ingredients. If you want simpler recipes, try any of the recipes below:
- Kiwi, cucumber, and strawberry. Mash one kiwi fruit, two strawberries, and half slice of cucumber. Blend the three fruits. Put the mixture on a muslin cloth. Squeeze the juice out of the mixture. Keep the juice in a canister and refrigerate it to use as a toner. Wash your face and pat it dry. Put the solid mixture on your face and leave it on for about 20 minutes before rinsing it off with cool water.
- Plain kiwi. Slice or mash a kiwi fruit and put it on your face. You might feel pinching effect from this and that is normal. Leave the kiwi fruit on for about 20 minutes and rinse it off with warm water. Apply toner and cream.
Kiwi is an effective beauty treatment. But this fruit might not work as
great as how it did to other women. Try to mix other ingredients to the
fruit or use it plain. If you noticed irritation, stop using the kiwi
fruit and try other natural face mask.