Skin exfoliation is done to remove the dead skin cells of the body. A skin exfoliant is used for this procedure. It is called a microdermabrasion scrub. This scrub helps in revealing the younger skin. It also helps and smoothens uneven areas of the skin. The microdermabrasion scrub also helps to make the skin look clear and healthy.
If you want to pamper yourself at home, you may want to try making your own microdermabrasion scrub. You just need a few basic ingredients that you may usually find in your kitchen.
Here are the steps on how to make a microdermabrasion scrub:
- Put sugar into the blender. The first ingredient that you need to put in the blender is the sugar. The granules of sugar are known to be a good skin exfoliants. The granules remove the dead skin cells from the surface. If you only want to have a mild microdermabrasion scrub, it is recommended that you use the finely ground sugar. You may use the standard ground sugar if you are going to use the microdermabrasion scrub for the rough areas of the skin like the feet or elbows.
- Put powdered milk into the blender. The next ingredient that you need to put in the blender is four tablespoons of powdered milk. Because of its natural alphahydroxy acid contents, milk is considered as one of the good ingredients for exfoliation.
- Put olive oil into the blender. After you are done pouring in the milk into the blender, you need to put olive oil next. Just a tablespoon of olive oil is enough for the microdermabrasion scrub. Olive oil is known to be rich in hydrating. It helps nourish the dry skin.
- Put honey into the blender. The next ingredient to be put in the blender is a tablespoon of honey. This is used in making microdermabrasion scrub because of its ability to absorb the bacteria and the skin’s impurities. Honey helps in clearing the skin. It is also a good moisturizer. The skin is kept supple by the honey ingredient during the exfoliating process.
- Mix all ingredients. Turn on the blender and mix all the ingredients. Make sure that you blend all ingredients thoroughly.
- Test your microdermabrasion scrub. After you have thoroughly blended all ingredients, test the scrub on your skin. See if the scrub is gentle or rough enough for your scrubbing needs.
- Use your microdermabrasion scrub. Once you are done testing the scrub, you may now use your self-made microdermabrasion scrub. Use it all over your body. Focus on the rough skin areas, especially the feet and the elbows.
There are a lot more types of microdermabrasion scrubs that you may want to try making at home. Just change some of the ingredients. You may also add a few more for a different feel when you are exfoliating the skin. If you don’t really have the time to make your own microdermabrasion scrub, you may just purchase it from any beauty store. What is important is that you take that time to take of your skin.