Every person, most especially women all want smooth, glowing skin from the face down to their toes. The experts say that the key to having beautiful skin is really just to cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize. Just as you take good care of your face, your feet also require some attention. After all, your feet take a lot of abuse from carrying all the weight of your body. Cracks and roughness are to be expected as you age but caring for your feet will keep it looking younger and smoother. Here is a list of different homemade, inexpensive and natural foot scrub you make out of ingredients you find in your kitchen.
- Salt Foot Scrub. All you need are: 1 cup of sea salt or Epsom salt, 1/2 cup of cold water and 2 drops of lavender essential oil. Start by gradually adding water to salt and lavender oil. The mixture should look like a paste. Once you’ve reached the desired consistency, you may now use your salt foot scrub.
- Lime Foot Scrub. The ingredients are: 3 pieces of Lime, 2 tablespoons of White Sugar, 1 tablespoon Sweet Almond Oil, 15 Fresh Mint Leaves (chopped) and 5 drops Lime Essential Oil. First cut the limes into small pieces then put the sliced lime pieces into a blender to form a pulp. Mix the lime pulp with almond oil, mint leaves and essential oil. You now have your lime foot scrub ready to be used.
- Sugar Foot Scrub. You will need 1/4 cup Sugar, 1/4 cup Sweet Almond Oil, 6 drops Orange Essential Oil, 1 drop Ginger Essential Oil and 1 teaspoon Powdered Cayenne Pepper. Just use a plastic bowl to mix everything, stirring in the cayenne pepper last.
- Peppermint Foot Scrub. Prepare 11/2 cups Sea Salt, 1/4 cup Sweet Almond Oil, 2 drops Peppermint Essential Oil and 3 drops Lavender Essential Oil. Combine the sea salt and almond oil in a bowl. If the mixture looks dry, add more almond oil by the teaspoon till you get the desired consistency. Add peppermint and lavender oil. Mix well.
- Sugar and Oats Foot Scrub. The ingredients are: 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar, 2 tablespoons Ground Oats, 2 tablespoons Aloe Vera Gel, 1 tablespoon Honey, 1 teaspoon Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice and 1 teaspoon Almond Oil or Olive Oil. Grind the oatmeal in a coffee grinder or food processor to get a sandy consistency. Put the ground oats and all the other ingredients in a bowl until the mixture reaches a paste like consistency.
- Coffee Foot Scrub. Just mix 4 tablespoons of ground coffee, 3 tablespoons of corn meal and 2 tablespoons of sea salt or Epsom salt, stirring in 3 tablespoons of Olive or Almond oil and 2 drops of lavender oil. The mixture should have a paste-like consistency.
You can make your homemade foot scrub in any aroma you like. Try
experimenting on oil scent combinations to suit your mood. Now that you
have all these choices of natural and inexpensive foot scrubs to choose
from, go ahead and give your feet some pampering. Gently massage the
foot scrub unto your feet concentrating on the rough parts like the
heels and calluses. You can even turn on some relaxing music and
smoothen not just your feet but your stressed out mind as well.