Vanilla is one of the most popular, sought after flavorings known today. It is used in a variety of dishes, especially in desserts. It gives out a certain, mouthwatering smell that makes you want for more. Due to its luscious and sweet aroma, it has also become the favorite fragrance of most women today. A lot of perfume companies have already started incorporating this lovely, undulated scent in their products. From colognes to soaps, it is practically everywhere! But instead of spending a lot of money on over-priced perfumes, why don't you just make your own? It is effectively fragrant and purely organic, since there are no chemicals involved. It is very easy to make too. All you need to do is follow these instructions carefully and before you know it, you have already created your very own, sweet-scented vanilla perfume that you've always wanted.
1. First, you need to prepare the following ingredients:
- 20 Fresh vanilla beans (you can use the extracted ones but it is not as effective)
- Vodka (100% pure)
- Lemon or cinnamon oil
- Distilled or purified water
- Coffee filter
- Perfume bottle
2. Cut all 20 vanilla beans in half and graze the insides thoroughly. Put it in a bowl.
3. Add 25 drops of lemon oil (for citrus smell) or cinnamon oil (for tangy smell).
4. Add two ounces of vodka. Mix thoroughly.
5. Cover the bowl and leave it for two to four weeks, or even more if you like. The longer it sits, the more powerful the scent of the perfume will be.
6. When it has sit long enough, get your perfume bottle and strain all contents of the bowl by using the coffee filter. Add distilled or purified water until the bottle is full. Shake it well and store it in a cool, dry area.
Here are some helpful tips you need to remember:
- Do not store all your perfumes in direct sunlight. It will make the scent grow weaker.
- Always put the cap tightly on to avoid the perfume from evaporating.
- You can also use oils other than lemon or cinnamon that would suit your taste.
- Fresh vanilla beans are available in organic health stores and in specialty stores.
- Always make sure that all utensils that you are going to use are clean and dry to avoid conflicting scents that may ruin the smell of your perfume.
- It is recommended that you use only the top ingredients you can find in making this. The quality of the perfume will be stronger and long lasting.
You can also make perfumes as gifts for your families and friends. They will be greatly surprised and would surely appreciate it when they found out that you yourself made it. It is cheaper than buying an expensive perfume in the mall. It is environmentally friendly too. There are no chemicals involved so you are not harming any living or non-living thing in the process of making it. You don't even have to cook it! Try it now and discover how easy it is to make one. Good luck!