Aside from being just a fruit, pumpkins also have other uses, such as being used as an ingredient for facial masks. This is because the pumpkin has a lot of good benefits for the skin. It contains a lot of Vitamin A enzymes that help to nourish the skin and at the same time brighten the complexion.
To get these benefits that a pumpkin offers, using the fruit itself is not necessary. Using pumpkin puree sold in cans work well just as the real fruit does, since canned pumpkin puree is much more readily available anytime. This also saves you from waiting for the pumpkin season just to make a facial mask. Read on to learn how to make a pumpkin facial mask.
There are different kinds of pumpkin facial masks that you can make depending on the ingredients that you will add. You can make a facial mask by adding papaya, or egg and milk, or apples, honey and powdered milk, or almonds and honey, or egg whites, honey and yogurt.
Here are your options.
- Add papaya. You will need a fifteen-ounce can of pumpkin puree, a fresh papaya, and one beaten egg. First, you need to mix the pumpkin puree and the beaten egg. Then, peel the fresh papaya. After peeling, mash the papaya and discard the seeds, this way you can create two-thirds cup of pulp. Next, you should mix the pulp into the pumpkin puree and egg mixture by stirring. In combining the pulp with the mixture, you should make sure that there are no lumps. You can also use a blender or even a food processor for extra smoothness until a creamy paste is formed. Then your facial mask is ready for use. You can apply it by patting it onto your clean face and neck. Then you should leave it on for about twenty minutes. When the time is up, rinse the mask off either in the shower or just by using warm water and a wash cloth.
- Add egg and milk. You would need a medium slice of a fresh pumpkin, one egg yolk, and two-thirds cup of milk. First, you should remove the skin of the medium slice of pumpkin. Then, cut it up into small chunks, and put inside a blender or food processor to puree it. It should be smooth and lump-free. Add the egg yolk and milk into the blender or processor, and blend it in until it is very well mixed. The mixture is then ready for use. It should be applied to your clean face and neck. This mask should be left on for thirty minutes before you can wash it off with warm water.
- Add apples, honey, and powdered milk. You will need one apple, a small slice of fresh pumpkin, a tablespoon of honey, and two tablespoons of powdered milk. Peel the pumpkin slice first, and then cut it into chunks. Then peel and core the apple next. The apple should also be cut into chunks. Also, it should be pureed to make a smooth paste, by putting it in a blender or food processor. Next, add the honey and powdered milk. To be able to create a rich texture, you should mix very well. After mixing everything, the mask is ready to use. Apply it onto the face and neck by patting it onto your skin and leave it for about fifteen minutes. Wash it off afterward.
- Add almonds and honey. You will need twelve pieces of almonds, one-fourth cup of honey, one-eighth teaspoon of olive oil, and eight ounces of canned pumpkin puree. The first thing you have to do is to grind the almonds using a food processor or a coffee grinder. The almonds should be ground until the texture is fine enough but not powdery. Then, add the honey and the olive oil. Blend all well. After blending, mix the pumpkin puree. Stirring will help you combine all the ingredients. After mixing everything together, you can now apply the mixture to your face and neck. This should be left for five minutes, and then rinsed off with warm water in a splash.
- Add egg whites, honey, and yogurt. For this option you will need one whipped egg white, a tablespoon of honey, two tablespoons of yogurt, and two tablespoons of ground oatmeal. The first thing you should work on is to cook just enough amount of fresh pumpkin to make one-half cup of pulp. Make sure you remove the skin and seeds before cooking. After cooking the pumpkin, you can let it cool, then mash it with a fork. Then, mix the egg white into the mashed pumpkin. This should be blended well so that the egg will surely be incorporated and so that the lumps will be removed. Add the honey, yogurt, and ground oatmeal. All the ingredients must be mixed thoroughly into a thick consistency. Apply the mixture to the face and neck and leave for ten minutes. Then remove afterward with a warm wash cloth, and then rinse your skin with cool water.
As you wish to make a pumpkin facial mask, there are several options you
can choose from depending on the availability of materials and the ease
and comfort of how it is made. It is best if you choose the option that
fits your lifestyle and time.