Sometimes, a thing of the past resurfaces out of nowhere. It is not always a pleasant blast from the past, especially if we are talking about oily facial skin and the equally annoying breakouts that ensue. Worse, there are less fortunate people who seemed they never left puberty with the amount of unwanted oil their face excretes.
Needless to say, this dilemma can make anyone extremely conscious of your appearance and can require a great amount of self-monitoring from time to time. Who wants to wipe oil-absorbing tissues every minute when there is a moment to be enjoyed or a potential mate you wish to impress? Perhaps you have tried every existing astringent and facial cleanser in the market and nothing seemed to work?
The good news: you can stop shaking your head and make preparations at home before you dash out to the world like an unarmed soldier. Here are the most recommended home-made facial scrubs for oily skin:
- Dissolve a couple aspirins in a mixture of vinegar and water. Apply this mixture in circular motion on your face daily. This can help remove dead skin cells and, in turn, signs of acne.
- Scrub sugar against your facial skin until the sugar melts. Just like the previous mixture, this can strip off the unwanted dead skin cells of your skin. Once you are done, wipe off the sugar with a lukewarm facial towel and rinse it off.
- Place the outer peel of oranges or lemons in a blender. Add the ground peels with cornmeal in equal amount. Stir this mix into a bowl as you slowly pour warm water to create a paste. Make sure not to pour too much water. Slightly wet your face and use the paste to massage your face in a circular motion. Do this for a minute or so then rinse with cool water.
- Mix equal amounts of sea salt and lemon juice into a paste. Slowly scrub this mixture into your face in 1-2 minutes then wash off. This will leave your skin refreshed and smooth.
- Combine ¼ teaspoon of dried yeast, 1 tablespoon of oatmeal and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a bowl. Add warm water to create a paste. Gently massage this paste into your skin and rinse off with warm water.
- Place in a bowl the combination of 2 teaspoons of ground oatmeal, 1 teaspoon of avocado and 1 teaspoon of honey. Form a thick paste out of these ingredients and massage into your face in circular motion. After a minute, wash off with warm water.
If all these regimens still fail, you might want to consider getting into physical activities and watching your diet. Tally what you eat daily and observe which ones contribute to excessive shine. Once you have determined which particular food causes oily skin, lessen or remove it from your daily intake. It will truly make you love the skin you are in.