There is nothing wrong with savoring your own home made strawberry foot scrub. In addition to its rejuvenating and detoxifying effect, the strawberry foot scrub is surprisingly affordable and easy to create. If you are planning to create one and save yourself money to buy more important things, then here are the steps to mix and enjoy your own strawberry scrub.
- Prepare the materials. The things you will need are: a bowl, crushed strawberry fruit, strawberry seeds, oatmeal, peppermint fragrance, mixing spoon, muscovado or brown sugar, pestle and White Kaolin Clay.
- Mix the oatmeal and the clay. You can mix 3 to 4 ounces of oatmeal and the Kaolin Clay in the mixing bowl. Mix until the mixture is thoroughly done.
- Put the strawberry seed and the muscovado. Little by little add the sugar while mixing the first mixture. After incorporating the sugar into the mixture completely, add the strawberry seeds. Repeat the same procedure as done on the muscovado.
- Put the crushed strawberry fruits and crush them further. Mix in the strawberry and using a small pestle, crush them further. The juices will now be incorporated in the mixture. Also, there will now be no need to put strawberry fragrances or such.
- Reduce the wetness by putting drops of peppermint. Put the essential peppermint oil, drop by drop, into the mixture while mixing it with the mixing spoon. You can put as much as 20 to 25 drops, depending on your desired amount.
- Replace them in a plastic vessel. You can now store the mixture for future use. Do not put it in warm places because this will induce fermentation and may affect the acidity and quality of your scrub.
- Test our output. To test it, use it on a small part of your foot. Check the acidity. If your skin becomes red or you feel an itchy sensation, then your scrub might be too harsh. Level this off by adding more oatmeal or strawberry seeds.
- Add water and make a pasty and soapy scrub. The mixture will now be ready for use in the next four months. The strawberry seeds will act as the gentle scrubs that will defoliate and scrub off the dead skin cells.
Here are some precautions that you must remember though when you are making and using the strawberry scrub: Never use the scrub if you have a skin disease that may aggravate your condition. Moreover, do not use this on your face because you may induce unexpected effects and may lead to irreversible damages. Do not ever use the peppermint essential oil if you are pregnant. This may induce nausea and even affect your unborn baby.
A strawberry foot scrub will never fail to make you relax during your night foot washes or in your early morning shower. The aroma and the cleansing effect will erase your stress and prepare you for the day ahead. Nonetheless, always be careful in using it. It does not hurt of course to consult your dermatologist if you are planning to use your home made scrub.