Because of its AHA (alpha-hydroxy acids) content, the apple is proven to be a good facial skin remedy. It is a natural acid that removes excess oil, thus preventing acne, blackheads, and whiteheads. There are commercially available skin products with apple as an active ingredient. But because the said ingredient still undergoes chemical processes, your skin may not fully benefit from the apple’s natural potency. To make sure you get the complete skin benefits from apples, it is better to make your own apple facial product. You can, for example, start with an apple cleanser. Here’s how to do different apple cleansers.
- Apple with milk. Put two slices of apple in a blender, then get one tablespoon of its juice. In a bowl, mix the apple juice with two tablespoons of milk and one teaspoon of honey. Make sure to stir thoroughly. Massage on the skin for two minutes. Then, rinse off with warm water.
- Apple with honey. Peel and slice an apple, then put the pieces in a blender with two tablespoons of honey. Turn the blender to its highest setting and turn off only if the mixture achieves a smooth texture. Refrigerate for at least five minutes. Then, apply gently to the face. Leave for 30 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
- Apple paste. To do this, you need to mix in a blender one slice of apple, two tablespoons of yogurt, one teaspoon of freshly extracted orange juice (or lemon juice, if you prefer), and one teaspoon of olive oil. Turn the blender off when the paste is already smooth and creamy in texture. Apply to the face. After five minutes, wash off with warm water.
- Apple cider vinegar with juice. You need two kinds of juice for this: apple and pineapple. Put slices of the said fruits separately in a food processor to get the juice. Then, take one tablespoon of each juice to add to two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Mix the ingredients well. Soak cotton in the facial cleanser and dab gently on the face. Because of the acidity of the ingredients, this facial cleanser may cause stinging sensation.
- Apple cider vinegar with milk. Mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and two tablespoons of milk. Add one tablespoon of sugar, one teaspoon of honey, and two tablespoons of water. Stir the ingredients until they all blend together. Apply to the face and leave for 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
- Apple cider vinegar with powdered milk. In a bowl, mix three drops of apple cider vinegar and one teaspoon of powdered milk. Add one teaspoon of honey. Mix the ingredients well until you form a paste. Gently massage it to the face. After two minutes, wash off with warm water.
When regularly used, these apple cleansers can make your skin supple and smooth. However, if allergies and irritation develop, you need to immediately discontinue use. Because most of the ingredients are found at home, you don’t need to spend some dollars to maintain a healthy-looking skin. With these apple cleansers, not only are you pampering your skin with natural ingredients, you also are doing your pockets a great favor.