An evening bag is just what you need to add the final touch to your elegant evening look. However, this can be difficult since it is sometimes hard to find the right evening bag to go with your outfit. To add to this, you have to spend money to find the perfect evening bag. A solution to this is to make your own evening bag. By doing this, you have total freedom of how your bag will look and you will be able to save some money.
Find out how to make an evening bag:
- Materials that you need. The materials that you need for making your evening bag are a clutch bag that you no longer use, satin fabric, Velcro strips, fabric glue and some accessories or decorations that you want to add to your evening bag.
- Measure the fabric you need. Measure the amount of fabric that you need by wrapping the fabric on the clutch bag that you have. Just wrap the fabric around the clasp of the clutch bag until it covers the entire surface.
- Attach the Velcro strips. Attach one side of the Velcro strips on the upper edge of the clutch bag. To do this, you can use the fabric glue. Allow the glue to dry completely. The other side of the Velcro strip goes on the satin fabric that you have. Place the Velcro strip all over the edge of the satin fabric. You can also use fabric glue to do this. Make sure that the glue is dry before proceeding with the next steps.
- Make the evening bag. To make your evening bag, all you have to do is attach the satin fabric to your clutch bag with the use of the Velcro. Now you have an evening bag. You can add more decorations to your evening bag by sewing on beads, gluing ribbons or adding lace and other trimmings to make your evening bag nicer.
- Use other colors. The reason why a Velcro is used for this is so that you can use other types of fabric or other colors of satin for your bag. You can just make plenty of fabric pieces that you can easily attach to the clutch bag. This will be easier than making another evening bag for another dress that you will use.
Now you know how to make an evening bag. This is a good way to be fashionable without emptying your wallet. There are other things that you can do in order to get more accessories with minimal spending. Find out other things you can do by reading the tips below.
- New shoes. Find an old pair of shoes that you no longer use but are still in good condition. Use spray paint or fabric dye to change the color of the shoes. This is a good way of getting new shoes without buying.
- Use old jeans. If you have a pair of jeans that no longer fits you, you can create a sling bag with it. There are plenty of instructions online that you can follow to turn your old pair of jeans into a sling bag.