The most common skin problem during winter is dry skin because humidity is very low. This skin problem occurs for all ages and races. It is easy to detect if someone is suffering from dry skin. The skin’s fine lines become more visible and the skin feels rough and looks dull and flaky. A severe case of dry skin can have cracks like a fish net or cracked porcelain and could be very itchy. Rubbing and scratching dry skin could thicken its areas and make it rough, which could end up creating dermatitis.
Normally, arms and legs and sometimes the trunk are the body parts that are usually infected with dry skin. This problem usually occurs due to hormonal imbalance and some genetic diseases like atopic dermatitis and itchvosis. Before treating the skin, it would be important to identify first the factors that cause the skin to dry. Treatment would always include proper bathing techniques and application of moisturizers.
There are a lot of commercial products that addresses dry skin, but these are quite expensive though effective. Coconut body butter can be easily made for your personal use, which could save a lot of your budget. Just follow the procedure below and enjoy the benefits of your own coconut body butter.
- Prepare the ingredients—2 ounces of cocoa butter, 2 ounces of shea butter, 1 ounce of extra virgin olive oil, 1 ounce of virgin coconut oil, 1 ounce of jojoba oil, 1 ounce of beeswax and drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Prepare the tools or equipment—a double boiler or microwave oven, a bowl and a mixer. In case a microwave oven and a double boiler are not available, you can make use of your pot and your mixing bowl. Put your bowl on top of the pot with boiling water. Water level should not reach the bottom of your mixing bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients listed above in a bowl. Melt the mixed ingredients, preferably in a double boiler or microwave oven. This would not take too long. Be careful to overdo the melting process lest it would have an effect to the consistency of your coconut body butter.
- Once melted, remove it from the double boiler. Using an electric mixer, blend it while being cooled until it forms a peak. This is like making a meringue. Once the mixture forms a peak, it is ready.
- Transfer your coconut body butter into your prepared container. This would also be an ideal gift for your friends, family members and even giveaways for parties.
A thirsty dry skin can be pampered by applying coconut body butter. It is a real treat for your dry skin because it soothes rough, flaky and itchy skin. A commercially made body butter, which is more expensive, has the same effect with your coconut body butter in providing an intensive body moisturizing effect to your dry skin. With your homemade coconut body butter, you are spared from buying an expensive body moisturizer.