Your feet are often neglected as they are always hidden in socks and in shoes and you never really get to notice them until something goes wrong like getting cracked heels or flaky skin or getting really sore. This shouldn’t always be the case because if you want to take care of your body, you have to take especially good care of every part of your body including your feet. Allow at least one day each month to pamper yourself and get a pedicure or a foot massage. If you can’t afford to get expensive foot massages or pedicures, you can always pamper your feet at home using ingredients that you can find around your house.
The following are simple and easy steps on how you can make your very own foot scrub and pamper your feet:
- First, look around your house for ingredients you can use for your homemade foot scrub. An easy yet effective foot scrub usually requires these items: Epsom salts, essential oils preferably almond oil for it gently soften and nourishes the skin of your feet, sea salt, clean sand that you can get at a gardening store, baby shampoo, and a container that needs to be sterilized.
- Put the Epsom salts, the sand, and the sea salt into a bowl.
- Stir the ingredients together once you add the baby shampoo and the essential oil.
- Pour the mixture into the sterilized container as soon as the ingredients are well stirred. The scrub is now ready to use.
- Soak your feet in warm water then carefully dry them.
- Apply the scrub using rhythmic motions to your heels and soles. Continue doing this and make sure that you apply the scrub using circular motions.
- Leave it on for about five minutes then gently rinse off the scrub. Pat your feet dry with a soft and fluffy towel.
- Relax your feet. It is recommended that you rest with your feet slightly elevated after applying the foot scrub as this will help relieve your feet from discomfort and tiredness.
- Keep the remaining foot scrub inside the sterilized container. You can still use this whenever you want. Just keep the container covered and kept in a cool and dry place.
You can use a lot of other ingredients as desired. You can even add scents to your foot scrub by adding other essential oils to the mixture. You can also use olive oil to massage your feet as this serves as a skin moisturizer that leaves your toenails fully conditioned and your feet soft and supple. Sea salt is a very important ingredient in making a homemade foot scrub because the sea salt gently exfoliates the skin on your feet. Other highly recommended essential oils that you can use when making your very own homemade foot scrub are lavender essential oil for a soothing effect to your feet and peppermint essential oil to revitalize and revive the skin on your feet.