There are so many things in your life that you want to avoid yet can't, simply because those things are forever and will always be part of your life. At one moment you are happy, and then at another you are sad. Other times you are so stressed out that you want to find ways to relieve your stress.
There are different ways to relieve your stress. Relaxation techniques such as deep breathing exercises, as well as visual and audio therapy, are effective ways in stress relief. Satisfying your sense of smell may also help because smelling good is also feeling good. Have you noticed every time you smell something pleasing you actually feel relaxed? Wouldn't it also be better to have some productive hobby of your own that will take your mind away from your problems with the outside world?
Creating fragrance oils is actually one such hobby. It hits two birds with one stone, actually: you find stress relief as you make the fragrance oils, and the fragrance oils themselves help you find relief from stress. Creating your own fragrance oil is also cheaper than just buying it from stores. Not only that, you can use the fragrance oils for your personal consumption or give them away to your friends as gifts.
Try making homemade fragrance oils. In this article, you will learn the steps on how to make fragrance oil.
- Prepare first the following ingredients: 1 cup of distilled water, vodka, coriander oil, frankincense oil, juniper oil and orange oil.
- Mix the alcohol or vodka with 3 drops of coriander oil and juniper oil, 1 drop of frankincense oil, and 4 drops of orange oil.
- You should slowly stir the oil into the vodka, one drop at a time. Continue stirring until the oils become absolutely dispersed.
- Let the mixture stand for 2 days.
- Then add the water (remember, it should be distilled) while slowly stirring again until the substances are completely dispersed.
- Leave the mixture for three weeks in a dark and cool area.
- Filter the substance to remove any sediment, then bottle it. In finding a proper container, make sure that you do not use light colored or clear containers, may it be plastic or glass. It is best if the color of the container is dark. There's a possibility that if you use a clear container, the light from the outside may affect the changes in the fragrance.
- While making a perfume, better put protective covering, such as plastic sheets, on your work area. For measuring drops of oils, use an eyedropper so that the addition of the oils will be controlled.
- You can actually use other oils such as lavender, chamomile, sandalwood, and so on. The strength of the fragrance will depend on the amount of alcohol and oils. And the amount of alcohol and oils may also vary. A drop of more or less may have a different effect and may change the overall quality of the fragrance.
Aside from being cheap and environment-friendly, creating your own fragrance oil is also good for gift giving. It can even be a good idea for a home-based business. Ask your friends and relatives to order from you the different fragrance oils that suit their liking. Who knows, you might even go big time with this simple hobby.