Always weary of unwanted hairs sticking out from you arm pit? Or are you conscious that someone might recognize those unwanted hairs on your face, arms or legs? Shaving is one way of getting rid of those unwanted hairs on your face and other parts of the body. However, if you are pretty unsatisfied with the short term results of shaving but you are on a tight budget and can’t afford laser hair removal treatment, then try waxing. You can make your own homemade depilatory wax out of ingredients from your kitchen. Here are the quick and easy steps:
- Prepare the materials. Before going into the steps, here’s a quick rundown of what you will need for a depilatory wax: one cup of raw sugar, dark corn syrup, also known as molasses, honey, half a slice of lemon, and glass jar for your container.
- Prepare the mixture. Mix the sugar, corn syrup and honey in a microwave safe bowl. Mix thoroughly and then microwave for about three to four minutes. You can also heat the mixture on a low fire. Stir the mixture using a wooden stick to prevent it from sticking into the pan.
- Add lemon juice. After you have taken the mixture out of the oven or pan, squeeze the lemon into the mixture immediately and then mix again using a wooden stick. After mixing it with lemon, return it to the microwave or to a low heat and allow it there until the mixture is completely dissolved. No sugar granules should crystallize, so be sure about taking it out from the heat. The mixture should have a thick sticky consistency and the color very much similar to that of burnt amber.
- Pour the mixture into a container. Using the wooden stick, mix it again for the last time to ensure its consistency, and then slowly pour the mixture into a glass container and allow it to cool. It will take a considerable amount of time before the mixture cools down so do not stick your fingers to the depilatory wax immediately. Using your wooden stick, dip it into the mixture to make sure if it had already cooled down. Your wax is ready to use!
- Using the depilatory wax. When using the depilatory wax in your skin, make sure that you apply baby powder or cornstarch to the area for this will allow the hair to be removed smoothly. Take a small amount of depilatory wax from the container and put it on the area, allowing it to sit in your skin before pulling out the wax.
Depilatory wax is best alternative for shaving if you want to remove those unwanted hairs from your body. You do not have to spend much on laser removal treatment for you can always make this easy alternative anytime. Depilatory wax is easy to make and the ingredients are found right around your house. Next time, make your own homemade depilatory wax and see the results for yourself.