Using a body scrub is an effective way of exfoliating the skin. It works on removing the dead skin cells allowing the body to replace and grow new skin cells that will make the body look healthier and suppler. Lavender is known for its cosmetic properties that take care of the skin by rejuvenating and revitalizing it, stripping it of excessive oil. Sugar consists of minerals which likewise help and contribute to the skin’s health. Instead of buying a scrub in the health stores, you can create one that is homemade and which uses both lavender and sugar as ingredients in taking care of your skin. Follow the simple steps below, which will show you how to make your own lavender sugar scrub.
- Prepare your ingredients in making the scrub. Gather all the ingredients that you will need and place them on top of the counter for easier preparation. You will need some white sugar, olive oil, vitamin E, vanilla extract, lavender oil and a jar as container for the scrub.
- Mix the oil. Put half a cup of olive oil in a glass bowl and pour in half a teaspoon of vitamin E to it. Blend the mixture and add in the vanilla extract. Both the extract and the vitamin E are all natural ingredients. They do not have preservatives and works effectively as anti-oxidants allowing your concocted scrub mixture to have longer shelf-life.
- Add the lavender oil. Once the above ingredients have been blended well, add about four drops of lavender oil into the mixture. Continue mixing to blend in the oil. Take extra care in not putting in too much ingredients. Anything too much is bad and may lead to skin irritation. Lavender oil can be easily purchased in health stores. Check the labels and make sure that they are of good quality.
- Mix the sugar with the oil. Get half a cup of sugar and put it in the bowl with the blended oil. The sugar will act as the exfoliating agent. Regular table sugar will work but working on getting sugar that is finer will be better for scrubbing the skin. Mix everything until the sugar is moistened with the oil. Check to see if it is necessary to place in more sugar. You need to make sure that you have enough texture to the mixture going on and that sugar does not turn out to be neither too dry nor dissolved in the oil mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into a jar. Empty the contents of the bowl into a jar which will serve as your container. It will be best to use one that is opaque as this will keep out the light which gives your scrub mixture a shorter shelf-life.
- Ready for use. Your lavender sugar scrub is now ready for use. Rub the mixture onto your body to exfoliate it and rinse off well.
Lavender sugar is a kind of scrub which is easy to prepare. It works well for your skin and is also easy on your wallet. It is a cost-effective way of taking care of your skin. Making the scrub is fun and simple as well.