Not all beauty products like facial toners in the market suit every skin type. There will always be sensitive skin types. Instead of buying expensive facial toner, make one yourself. You can always go the natural way. When it comes to your skin, nothing harmful should touch it. Your face is one of the most sensitive areas of the body. If you are doubtful of the ingredients in commercially developed facial toners, using a natural facial toner lessens your worries. Read on about how to make your own natural facial toner.
The ingredients that you will use are:
- 1/2 cup distilled water
- 1/2 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Aloe Vera concentrate
- 2 teaspoons vegetable glycerin
- 1/4 teaspoon each of 3 essential oils namely Roman Chamomile, grapefruit and clary sage
Everything, except for distilled water, can be bought in health stores. Almost no one and nothing is sensitive to natural ingredients. Follow these steps very carefully:
- Prepare a clean air-tight glass jar. You will store the excess amount of natural face toner in this jar. Be sure it is free from previous residue if you are reusing an existing glass jar.
- Pour 1/2 cup of distilled water into the glass jar. You can buy the distilled water in your supermarket.
- Add 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar. If you do not want the pungent smell of the vinegar, you can double up the amount of distilled water. But bear in mind that vinegar has excellent anti-microbial properties.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons of aloe vera concentrate. Aloe vera is another soothing and cleansing ingredient that is essential in your natural facial toner.
- A good moisturizing ingredient is vegetable glycerin. Add 2 teaspoons of vegetable glycerin. This natural ingredient works best in moisturizing your skin. This liquid comes a little thicker than the oils, so be sure to use a spoon or a mixing spatula to mix it thoroughly into the mixture.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of each of the essential oils – roman chamomile, grapefruit and clary sage. These oils act as the moisturizing and soothing ingredients in the mixture.
- Replace the lid of the glass jar and fasten it tightly on the bottle. You can use the jar as your shaker to mix the ingredients together. Be sure the lid is in place before proceeding to shaking the jar. Shake the jar for about 2 minutes.
- Pour an ample amount of the natural facial toner into a small sprayer bottle. The rest of the mixture should be stored in a refrigerator.
- Spray lightly on your face after washing your face clean. There you have it, a natural facial toner.
Beauty products out in the market usually cost a lot. Making your own natural facial toner does not only save on money but its natural ingredients spare your face from any side effects that chemically-treated toners can inflict. Best of all, you can safeguard the environment.