Going out for a facial in a salon can be costly, most especially if you want to do this often. Maintaining a youthful skin and looking good need not be as expensive to become effective. You can make facial masks with just simple ingredients like oatmeal and milk at home. Follow the steps below and you can look younger without spending a lot of money.
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal
- one cup of full cream milk
- 1-1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Get your favorite brand of oatmeal. Organic oatmeal is better if you really want to go natural. Take two tablespoons of oatmeal, and make sure that you check the expiry of the oatmeal before you start this procedure. You do not want to put an expired product on your face. It might cause you allergies and cause you more problems
- Mix the oatmeal with a cup of full cream milk. Warm it up a bit until it changes its consistency and can be easily applied on the face. Be careful not to overcook the whole thing. You want something that can still give off nutrients when applied on your skin.
- Find a bottle of olive oil. Olive oil has a lot of benefits not only when taken internally but as a mixture in homemade masks. Add one and a half teaspoon of this healthy oil with the milk and oatmeal.
- Wait a few minutes to let the ingredients completely absorb each other and cool down. Test the pan lightly to see if you can hold it. Carefully transfer all of it in a small bowl. Once this is okay, wear a headband or tie your hair in a ponytail to avoid stray hairs on your face.
- Wash your hands and apply the mixture on your face. Slowly apply thin amount of the cream from the forehead covering the entire area of your face till your chin. You can also include applying this oatmeal mask on your neck. You will look younger if you do this regularly.
- Keep your face covered by the mask for about 40 minutes. This will allow your skin to absorb the nutrients provided by the milk, oatmeal and olive oil. Keep still at this time to maximize the effects. You can move around but try not to speak for the whole 40 minutes. It can dislodge the face-mask if you do.
- After 40 minutes, remove the mask by splashing warm water on your face. Look at the mirror and remove all traces of the mask. Get a small face towel and tap lightly on the areas of your face. Once this is done, you will see a bit of lightness and glow on your cheeks.
There are always alternatives to save some bucks. The beauty industry can go overboard with creams and lotions that cost an arm and a leg. But if you are smart you can actually make effective products all on your own. Just mix the right ingredients and apply them properly.