Shea butter is popular in cosmetics because of its natural properties that helps moisturize the skin. It is naturally aromatic, though many products that use it still add fragrance. Shea butter can be found in different skincare products including lotions, potions, lip balm, and moisturizer.
However, the real form of Shea butter is similar to the hard butter that we all know. Thus, application of its natural form is difficult. The skin can’t easily absorb butter. That is why making the Shea butter creamy is an important step to transform this into something applicable on the skin. If you have a Shea butter, it’s easy to make it creamy by following the steps below:
- Fill half of the stock pot with water. Turn the fire to high until the water is boiling. Reduce the fire to low once the water reached boiling point.
- Place a glass bowl on top of the stock pot. This is where you’ll melt the Shea butter. Wait for a few minutes to warm up the glass bowl.
- Put the Shea butter in the glass bowl. Use a wooden spoon to break up the butter. Stir it until almost all is melted. It is okay if about a quarter of the Shea butter is not yet melted. The butter pieces will only melt in the warm liquid-form Shea butter.
- Continue stirring the melted Shea butter until all is melted. You may break up the butter pieces for easier and faster melting. Once all is melted, continue to stir. This time, make the stirring faster and faster, as if whipping the melted Shea butter. Adding air into the mixture is the secret to forming its creamy consistency.
- Continue whipping the melted butter. Just keep on whipping the Shea butter until it is in cool room temperature. It should also have the creamy consistency that other creams have.
- Store the creamy Shea butter. Make sure that the container is clean, dry, and with air-tight lid. You may store the container with the creamy Shea butter in room temperature. Doing so will not ensure keeping of the creamy consistency. It is okay and can be easily remedied by either whipping it again using a spoon until it gets creamy or putting it in microwave for about 30 seconds to soften the butter.
Another method to make the Shea butter creamy is by softening it in
microwave oven first. It will only take about 30 seconds, after which
you can put the softened butter in a mixing bowl. Whip it using an
electric mixer until the mixture becomes fluffy. You may add vegetable
oil, vitamin E oil, and other natural extracts to the whipped Shea
The added ingredients can make this natural beauty treatment better for
the skin. Of course, experimenting on different ingredients is needed
before you can discover the perfect combination for your skin. At least,
you know that you are using an all-natural treatment to be beautiful.
Natural alternatives are always the better choice compared to the
chemical procedures. With creamy Shea butter, you can achieve a smooth
and silky skin without hurting yourself and the environment.