Ribbon bows are adorable for small children. These bows can also be used for decorating a wide variety of items, ranging from gifts, and even stuffed toys. You can even use ribbon bows to tie your curtains when you want to let the light in. here are some simple steps that you should follow in order to make your own simple ribbon bows.
- Cut. First of all, you need to take a length of ribbon, and cut it to size. The length of the ribbon will depend on the purpose for the ribbon bow. If you are using a ribbon bow to tie up your child’s hair, six inches will usually be enough. If you are using the ribbon bow as a tie or collar for your child’s favorite stuffed toy, on the other hand, you may need a much longer ribbon that will fit on the fluffy stuffed toy neck. Use a scissor to cut the ribbon, and make sure that you cut it with a slant, so that the ribbon ends will look cute even when loose.
- Knot. On the strip of ribbon you need to create a small knot. Loop the knot three times on itself, so that the knot will be large enough to keep the ribbon from moving. This knot will work as the place holder for the bow after you have finished the bow.
- Ribbon. Now, take another strip of ribbon. This time, you will use this new strip of ribbon to create the actual bow that you will attach to the strip that has a knot in the center. There are various types of ribbons, but the most popular is the classic ribbon with two ears and two loose ends. To get this type of ribbon, simply make two loops on the ends of the ribbon, and tie the two ends until they meet at the center. The loose ends from the loop will form the tongue for the ribbon. After you have made the ribbon, you can open up the loop in the center of the bow and insert the first strip of ribbon in it.
- Connect. At this point, the ribbon bow is already connected to the first strip, but may fall off if you are not carefully. To fully seal the ribbon bow into the first strip, create another knot on the other side of the ribbon strip, so that there will be two knots on both sides of the ribbon. Again, make sure that the knot is looped thrice in on itself, so that it is large enough to keep the ribbon bow from moving.
- Use. Now that you have your ribbon bow, you can tie it onto your child’s hair, or around her favorite toys. You can also use the bow for decorating your gifts. All you need to do is to tie the ribbon bow around the gift, and you’re good to go.
Ribbon bows are useful for tying things together and for decorations.
Best of all, they are easy to make and very cheap. With these steps, you
should be able to make them yourself.