Sugar is a good source of antioxidants that you can use for exfoliating your skin. You can make your own soap using sugar as an ingredient. This sugar soap will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth. Find out how you can make your own sugar soap with just a few ingredients. You might even have some of the ingredients at home so you don’t have to spend much money.
These are the steps in making your own sugar soap.
- Ingredients and materials that you need. The ingredients that you need are brown sugar, almond oil, oats, vanilla extract and unscented body wash. You also need to prepare a spatula, a mixer and a mixing bowl. Prepare a jar or a big container where you can place the sugar soap.
- Measure the ingredients. Measure the ingredients first so that you can just add them easily later on when mixing. Measure a cup of brown sugar, half a cup each of unscented body wash and almond oil, ¼ cup of oats and half a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Blend the ingredients. In your mixing bowl, combine the almond oil and brown sugar. Turn on the mixer and blend the ingredients until the sugar is well blended with the almond oil. Afterwards, add the unscented body wash, vanilla extract and oats to the mixture. Mix the ingredients again. You should come up with a creamy consistency.
- Transfer into container. Use a spatula to transfer all the soap to the container that you have. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl to get everything into the container. You should keep the sugar soap inside the refrigerator if you are not using it. The mixture will last for a week or two so just make enough for your weekly use.
- Using the sugar soap. Use the sugar soap just like you use your body wash. Wet your loofah and scoop a small amount of the sugar soap onto it. Lather on your skin. You will feel the sugar granules and the oats when you scrub. This is good for exfoliating the skin.
- You can also make a sugar exfoliating solution that you can use once a week in order to get rid of the dead skin cells on your body. Find out how to do this below.
- Ingredients that you need. You need half a cup each of brown sugar and kosher salt and a tablespoon each of lemon juice, coconut oil and honey. Use a fresh lemon for this recipe.
- Mix ingredients together. Get a small mixing bowl and mix all the ingredients until everything is well blended. Transfer it in a jar with a tight cover. Use the sugar scrub once a week to keep your skin feeling soft. The lemon juice can also help in whitening your skin.
Now you know how to prepare your own sugar soap. After a few times of
using the sugar soap, you will be able to feel and see the difference on