One of the first things that people will notice when they look at your face are your eyes. The eyes have long been considered as the windows to the soul, because eyes are very expressive and can tell much about a person. If you want to make your eyes even more expressive, consider using colors to make your eyes stand out. Here’s how.
- Determine the colors. First of all, you need to determine exactly what colors comprise your eyes. A lot of people simply say that their eyes are light brown, dark brown, green, gray, blue, or hazel. In real life, however, a lot of people actually have eyes that are composed of various colors. You need to get yourself in front of a large mirror and carefully examine all of the colors that are in your eyes. This way, you will be able to find the colors that you can use for your eye makeup palette. If you have green and brown eyes, for instance, you can use colors that complement and contrast both green and brown.
- Color wheels. Next, take a peek at a color wheel and look for shades that will work well with your present eye color. The color wheel may seem like a tool that only school children tinker with. But in real life, professional stylists actually do consult these color wheels to make sure that they are able to choose colors which are not only in season, but which also actually complement the person’s eye color.
- Hair color. Next, check out your hair color as well. The color of your hair is also another factor that you should consider when choosing the colors for your eye shadow. If you have dark hair, for instance, darker and richer and earthier colors will usually work well for you. If you have blond hair or dusty hair, on the other hand, you can experiment with brighter and richer colors such as blue and green eye shadow.
- Skin color. Next, look at your skin color as well and look for something that goes naturally with your skin tone. People with very dark skin, for instance, do well with darker and earthier eye makeup colors. If you have very white or pale skin, on the other hand, look for muted colors that are grayer and steely in appearance.
- Clothing. Also be sure to factor in the clothes and the accessories that you are wearing. If you are out in town while wearing a jade necklace or bracelet, you can also apply eye color that complements that color of jade, such as shades of green or blue. The style of your clothing should also be factored in. if you are wearing formal clothing, go for muted eye shadow. If you are wearing clothes for a night out in town, choose brighter colors.
Finally, make sure that you give ample attention to your eye color, hair color, skin color, and your clothing style and color. Do not simply focus on one aspect, but look holistically at all of the colors that comprise your appearance for the day. With these steps, you should be able to make your eye color stand out.