Most people past the age of 40 dream of looking younger and feeling energized again. With all the technological advancements over the decades, anyone can alter their face to make it look younger. People can now get plastic surgeries and facelifts to have their face look youthful again. However, these options can really cause a lot of strain on your finances. Not to worry. There are many cost-effective ways to achieve a younger look. All you have to do is follow some simple steps in facial maintenance regularly and your face should glow with youthfulness and vitality.
- Steam. One of the secrets of younger looking skin is discipline. You should take care of your skin meticulously. Start by cleaning and washing you face every day. Every other day, steam your face. Heat water in a pan until it boils. Once the water is simmering, turn off the stove and situate your face where the steam rises. Be careful to avoid burns. This should open up the pore of your facial skin. Do this for about 2 minutes.
- Exfoliate. Once your pores are open, take an exfoliating pad and dip it in hot water. Squeeze out the excess water and dip it in powdered milk. Massage the pad gently on your face. This will clean and relax your skin. Exfoliate regularly to maintain the youthful skin of your face.
- Masks. Soothing masks using a blend of oatmeal, egg whites, and powdered milk can do wonders for the skin. Mix a tablespoon of oatmeal, an egg white, and 2 tablespoons of powdered milk until it is smooth. Apply it on your face and let it dry for about 10 minutes. Wash it off and wipe your face dry.
- Moisturizers. A good moisturizer is the lifeblood of facial skin. It solely is responsible for making you look younger. Get a good moisturizer and apply it regularly. Anytime your skin gets dry, apply moisturizer. Dry skin can damage the skin and turn youthful skin into aged wrinkled skin. Always make sure your skin is properly moist.
- Concealer. If you want to look younger without too much effort, you can invest in concealers to hide your facial age. If you combine it with a thorough makeup regiment, you can even look fabulous as well. Choose a good concealer to hide your age.
- Smoking and pollution. Cigarette smoke and air pollution can greatly speed up skin aging. If you are a smoker, stop the habit right away. If you are exposed to unhealthy amounts of pollution often, make sure to wear a mask to filter your breathing. Remember to always wash your face every time it is exposed to these elements.
- Water therapy. Research and studies have been published that have claimed that a healthy daily intake of water in the human system can greatly rejuvenate a person’s look. Other people who have tried water therapy have claimed to get the same results. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water daily. Water will replenish any lost moisture from the skin. This will help you avoid rapid skin aging.
The most important factor in maintaining that youthful glow is by living a healthy lifestyle. Remember to eat the right foods, exercise, and drink a lot of water daily. This can greatly increase the youthfulness of your skin. If you follow this creed, then you it might save you from the expensive treatments that people will pay just to look young again.