Charm bracelets are one of the best personalized gifts you can ever get. You can make these bracelets for your friends for their birthdays. Buying silver or gold charms may be a little too much for your budget. You can create your own bracelet charms by using different art materials that you may already have at home. You can also do this activity with your friends. Creating your own bracelet charms can be fun.
Here are the steps on how you can make your own bracelet charms:
- Materials - You will need different sizes of safety pins, beads, bracelet locks, craft pliers, wire and a chain bracelet. If you don't already have these materials, you can purchase them from your local art supplies store. You can also gather some other materials and accessories that you can use as charms for your bracelet.
- Wire Loops - The first thing you have to do is to create the wire loops that you will use to attach your charms to the chain bracelet. Create small loops with the wire using the craft pliers. You can create 5 wire loops as this is the average number of charms you can have on your bracelet. Adding more charms can make the bracelet heavier. Set aside the wire loops that you have made.
- Creating the Charms - You can use the safety pins to act as the charms on your bracelet. Open each safety pin and put beads on the needle of the pin. Fasten the pin afterwards. Another way you can create charms is by using bigger beads that can dangle from your charm bracelet. All you have to do is cut a wire that fits the length of the bead. Curl the other end of the wire with the pliers so that it can act as a stopper for the bead. On the other end, create a small loop that you can attach later to the wire rings.
- Attaching the Charms - When you have already created all your charms, you can now attach them to the chain bracelet. You can do this by opening the wire loops and inserting the charms. Use the pliers to make sure that the ends of the wire loop meet together so that the charms won't fall out when you are wearing the bracelet.
- Alternatives - You can use different materials to make your bracelet more colorful. Instead of the chain bracelet, you can use colored string. You can also purchase little pendants from the craft store to use them as the charms for the charm bracelet.
These are the steps on how you can create your own bracelet charms without spending a lot of money. You can create a lot of charm bracelets with the materials that you purchased from the craft store. To get more ideas, you can go online and look at some of the samples of charm bracelets. You can use them as an inspiration when you create your very own charms.