We’ve learned that it’s always a good idea to take care of our belongings, and to save up where we can. If you have a few pieces of jewelry (good for you!), you could hit two birds with one stone by learning how to make your own jewelry cleaner. This will not only enable you to take better care of your jewelry, you will also be able to score substantial savings, too. The best news is that it’s so easy to create your own jewelry cleaner using materials that you already have at home. Read on:
- Know how to make a homemade cleaner for gold jewelry. For this, you will need the following materials: one tablespoon mild dishwashing detergent, one tablespoon ammonia, one tablespoon washing soda and three cups of warm water. It’s a good idea to wear gloves when working with ammonia, specially if you have very sensitive skin. Get a deep dish, and combine all these ingredients. Stir the mixture well.
- Know how to clean your gold jewelry. Once you’ve prepared your gold jewelry cleaner, simply soak your gold jewelry for about 10 minutes. Afterward, retrieve your jewelry and very gently scrub it with an old, soft-bristle toothbrush. Rinse the jewelry with warm water, then buff and dry with soft cloth.
- Know how to make a homemade cleaner for silver jewelry. You will need the following: one tablespoon salt, one tablespoon baking soda, and about three cups water (or enough to completely cover the silver jewelry once you place them in the baking pan). You will also need a baking pan lined with aluminum foil and soft cloth.
- To begin, you should boil the water in a large saucepan. Afterward, add in the salt and the baking soda. Next, very carefully pour the boiled water into the baking pan (the one lined with aluminum foil). Remember: you don’t have to fill up the entire baking pan; the water should be just enough to completely cover the silver jewelry you will soon be putting in the pan.
- Know how to clean your silver jewelry. To clean your jewelry using this solution, simply soak your jewelry in, until the water cools down. This should take about fifteen to thirty minutes. While soaking, the dirt and grime found in the curves and recesses of your jewelry will gradually be loosened and lifted up by the solution. Once the water is cooled, remove your silver jewelry and let them air dry. Once they’re dry, buff them gently with the soft cloth.
- Know how to make a general cleaner for jewelries. There are so many other recipes that you could make, and these are effective for cleaning most types of jewelries. One basic recipe requires two cups of apple cider vinegar (place it in a bowl) and a soft cloth. Simply soak your jewelry in the vinegar for 15 minutes, then dry the jewelry with the soft cloth. Another very simple recipe only requires 4 tablespoons of baking soda and a cup of white vinegar mixed together in a bowl. Let your jewelry soak in this solution for three hours, then rinse the jewelry in cool water and then dry it with a soft cloth.
There you have it! These are some extremely easy ways to make your own
homemade jewelry cleaner. Given that it’s so cheap and simple to make
these solutions, there’s really no reason why you shouldn’t try your
hand at making them! Good luck, and hope this helped!