If you have a carnival themed party or a masquerade ball to attend, one of the things that you should have to complete your attire is a Venetian mask. Venetian masks come in different colors and designs. If you are into arts and crafts, you can make your very own Venetian mask. All you need are a few materials and you will have your own unique mask that everyone will love. Learn how to do this by following the steps below.
- Prepare the materials that you need. You need to prepare a thick cardboard, scissors, chopsticks, glue, fabric, glitter, feathers, rhinestones and tweezers. You also need newspaper for your work area.
- Prepare your work area. Choose a flat surface to work on. Lay down some newspapers on the area and secure them down with tape. This will protect your furniture and it will also make cleaning up easier for you.
- Draw the shape of the mask. Get your cardboard and draw the shape of the mask that you want. You can start with a simple shape. Go to the website Craftzine and copy the pattern on your cardboard. You can also alter the shape of the mask if you want. Cut out the eye holes for the mask.
- Wrap the mask with fabric. Wrap the mask with colorful fabric. You may want to choose a lighter fabric so that the mask won’t be heavy. Choose vibrant colors or a color that will go well with your attire. The fabric will just be the base of the mask. You will be decorating over the fabric.
- Decorate the mask. Allow the glue on the fabric to dry before you start decorating your mask. One of the nicest things that you can use for decoration is glitters. This will make your Venetian mask sparkle. You can add the glitter on the outer edges of the mask or you can also have them in different shapes by using a stencil over the mask. When you use glitter, shake the excess glitters off on a container. Add the rhinestones at the corners of the mask or line them up around the edge of the mask. Stick on some feathers on the side of the masks. Decorating is entirely up to you. To get more ideas, you can visit the website Venetian Masks Shop. They have plenty of masks that have beautiful designs that you can use as inspiration for your own mask.
- Add the handle. The last step is to add the handle for your mask. You will use the chopstick for this. Decorate the chopstick first to make it more attractive. You can wrap it with excess fabric or cover it entirely with glitters. Allow the glue to dry and then attach the stick on one side of the mask. Allow the glue to dry before using the mask.
Now you have your very own Venetian mask. This is not only good to use
for parties. You can also make plenty of Venetian masks and use them as
decorative pieces for your home. Mount them on a wall or place them in a