You may find your shoes have a bad odor after using them. This is mostly the case especially for rubber shoes that you use when you exercise. This can be embarrassing when you take your shoes offf in front of other people. Having bad smelling shoes can be a sign of poor hygiene. Find out how you can improve the smell of your shoes by reading and following some of the steps that are provided below.
- Wear socks. Wear socks whenever you wear your shoes. This is useful especially if you are wearing sneakers or rubber shoes. Socks will provide a barrier between the sole of the shoe and your foot. This will prevent your sweat from dripping on the sole of your shoe and can also keep your feet dry. Most of the time, the odor in your shoes is caused by the perspiration of your feet. Wearing socks will lessen or eliminate the smell.
- Purchase odor eliminator. Purchase an odor eliminator spray for shoes. You can purchase this from personal care stores. All you have to do is to spray the odor eliminator into your shoes and it will get rid of the bacteria and microbes that are causing the bad odor. Follow the instructions on the bottle of the odor eliminator to know how to properly use it. Using this can also prevent you from having fungal infections.
- Essential oil. You can add a few drops of essential oil in the soles of your shoes. You have to do this when your shoes are already clear of the bad odor. After using the odor eliminator, add a few drops of your favorite essential oil. Allow the oil to work on the shoes. Your shoes will be smelling good after doing this.
- Wash your shoes. Check first if your shoes are washable. If they are, follow the washing instructions so that you won’t ruin your shoes while washing. You can machine wash them or hand wash them. This will get rid of the bad smell and it will also leave your shoes looking new. Make it a point to clean your shoes every so often to avoid the buildup of dirt and bacteria.
- Use foot powder. If you are going to wear shoes that you can’t wear with socks, purchase some foot powder. Sprinkle foot powder on your feet and make sure that you spread them in between the toes too. The foot powder will prevent your feet from sweating and can help in eliminating the odor from your shoes.
These are the tips that you can follow if you want to eliminate the bad
smell from your shoes. If you are still having trouble with your shoes
after doing these tips, you might have fungal infection on your feet
that is causing your shoes to smell. You can consult your doctor about
this so that you can get the right medication. Fungal infections can
usually be cured by topical ointments that you have to apply on your