If you're starting to get a bald spot, you may feel like there's nothing you can do to stop the hair loss. You may be embarrassed about the bald spot and are looking for ways to regrow the lost hair. There are harsh chemical treatments that promise to regrow the hair, but many people are wary about putting such products on their head, and in fact some of these can cause more damage than hair regrowth. Did you know that there are natural ways to stop hair loss? Here's how to naturally regrow lost hair:
- Stimulate your scalp. Rub your scalp in circular motions to stimulate the hair follicles. You can use your fingertips or a hairbrush, but should not scratch at your scalp, such as with a sharp comb. You can also buy a scalp massager designed for this purpose. This will increase blood flow to the scalp and stimulate the follicles to grow new hairs. Focus on the areas where the hair is thinning. Spend five to ten minutes, once per day, massaging your scalp.
- Add olive oil. Plain olive oil is said to be useful when trying to naturally regrow lost hair. When you have time at home alone, use your fingertips to spread a drop or two of olive oil onto your balding area. The hair in this area will become greasy, so you shouldn't do this when you have to go out in public. Leave it on for at least a few hours before rinsing the oil off of your head.
- Take Biotin. Biotin is a B vitamin that is known to aid in hair growth. Remember that you will not see immediate results from taking Biotin. The first result you should see is that you are not losing hair at the same pace as you were before. Remember that losing some hair each day is normal even when your hair is not thinning.
- Take iodine. Many people swear by just one drop of iodine in a glass of water. Take this home remedy one glass per day to regrow lost hair.
- Try collagen. Collagen is one of the body's building blocks, and is a main nutrient in hair cells and follicles among many other body parts. Collagen pills can help your body rebuild these parts. Some people recommend up to 6 collagen pills per day, although taking this many probably isn't necessary.
These safe, all-natural remedies can be helpful when trying to regrow lost hair without resorting to expensive treatments or harsh chemicals. They should be used when the hair loss is gradual; if you experience sudden or unexpected hair loss, visit a doctor, because this could be a symptom of a medical condition, and often treating this medical condition can result in hair regrowth.