Makeup plays a very important role in our lives today. The way we apply or put on makeup can make or break our total appearance. Always consideration your age, skin type, the weather and the occasion.
Since most of the time it is your eyes that are most noticed, you should learn to apply makeup that will make your eyes expressive. You can make use of different styles and colors that will suit the occasion and time of day. Also, recognize the shape of your eyes, so you can determine what to emphasize and what to conceal.
Here are some of the shapes of eyes and recommendations of what eye makeup to put on:
- Deep set eyes. Apply a pale shade of eye shadow over your eyelids and a darker shadow under your eyebrows to enhance your eyes more.
- Prominent eyes. Apply a dark shade of eye shadow over the entire lid and use a highlighter under the brow.
- Wide set eyes. Use dark shadow between your eyes and nose bridge and the inner half of the eye. From the outer half to the corner of the eyes apply a lighter shade of shadow.
- Close set eyes. Apply highlighter to the inner half of the eye to extend the eyes. Apply a darker shade of the from the center of the eye working out and beyond the corner.
Remember to put on an eye shadow that matches your eye and skin color. You should also consider where you're going. For example, if you are just hanging out with friends, natural eye makeup may be best. If you're going out dancing, you may want to apply dramatic makeup. Either way, these techniques can help. Make sure that your makeup blends properly. To apply properly, here are the basic steps.
- Prepare your eyes with concealer to cover up dark areas underneath.
- Apply eye base to your lid to keep your shadow in place for hours.
- Apply a three-toned shadow by starting to apply the lightest from lids to brow. Then follow with a medium color across your lid only. Lastly apply a darker color to the eye line. Combine the colors well.
- Line eyes as close to the lashes as possible from the inner corner to the outer corner for the upper eyelid. For the bottom eye, from the middle of the eye out. Smudge so that there will be no prominent lines. To create that smoky eye effect, apply mauve color to your lids, then highlight the socket area with smoky black color, and finish off by applying thick eyeliner.
- Use a highlighter to brighten up your eyes. Using gold or pink, apply to the inner corner of your eye from top to bottom.
- With the same highlighter, highlight your brows by dabbing it on your mid-brow outward.
- Curl your lashes to brighten up your eyes.
- Apply mascara to your curled lashes.
These techniques will help you learn how to apply eye makeup. Before long, you'll be a pro at creating dramatic evening looks as well as something more natural for daytime.