Blackheads are the little black spots that appear on the skin. Blackheads are a form of acne that develops on the skin because of excess oil production. Mild cases of blackheads can be removed using simple home remedies. However, severe blackheads may need to be removed by a dermatologist. If you have some blackheads on your nose or your face, here are some of the tips that you can use in order to remove them.
Here are the tips on how you can remove blackheads from your skin by using home remedies:
- Clean your face regularly. One of the main causes of blackhead formation is because of the excess oils that settle on the skin of the face. The pores get clogged up with oil and dirt and this forms the blackheads. Washing your face regularly should prevent blackheads from forming. Use mild facial wash in the morning and at nighttime before you go to bed.
- Blackhead extractor. Another thing that you can do is extract the blackheads by yourself. You can purchase a blackhead extractor from the drugstore. This is a small instrument that you can use to remove the blackheads on your face. Before using the instrument, steam your face to open up the pores. This will help the extraction of the blackheads easier. After removing the blackheads, use an astringent to close the pores.
- Blackheads strips. Pore cleanser strips are available in any drug store. These strips help in getting rid of black heads. These strips are typically used to remove blackheads on the nose. The strip is stuck to the nose and stripped off afterwards. There are many different types of pore strips that you can use. Follow the instructions on the box of the pore strips in order to use it effectively.
- Tomato wedges. One natural home remedy that is said to be effective is using tomatoes on the face. Every night, slice a tomato and spread the tomato wedge’s juice all over your face. Allow it to set for about five to ten minutes. The tomato juice contains vitamins that act as a natural astringent for the skin. Do this regularly and you will see a big difference on your face.
- Visit dermatologist. Some people do not find home remedies effective for them. The best thing to do is to consult a dermatologist to find the right treatment for the blackheads and the type of skin that you have. It is better to seek help from a professional rather than trying to self medicate or remove the blackheads by yourself as this can cause scarring when not done properly.
These are some of the simple tips that you can use in order to remove blackheads. Visit your dermatologist at least once a month or have a facial in order to rejuvenate your skin and eliminate all the toxins and dirt that can cause acne problems. The dermatologist can give you topical medicines to prevent the blackheads from coming back.