The latest innovations in beauty products and services give women wonderful options to really look great and be at their best on special occasions. Getting eyelash extensions is one of these options. It does not take much time to do this as there are many beauty experts who can do the job very well in attaching fake eyelashes to your natural lashes. Eyelash extensions are highly preferred by most women now because they look more natural and there is no worry that they might fall off or get dislocated.
But unfortunately, eyelash extensions are not there to stay forever. You may wear them for days and weeks but eventually, you need to detach them. Removing eyelash extensions is not as quick as when you take off fake, glued eyelashes. Here are tips on how to do it:
- Bring out the materials you need to use. You will need cotton balls, baby oil, hot water, soap, cool water, bowl, hard cardboard and towel.
- Shape the cardboard according to the circumference of the bowl. It should be a little wider than the base of the bowl. The height of the cardboard should be about one foot or 12 inches. Set it aside.
- Heat water in a pan, but do not wait for it to boil. Remove it from the pan once it starts to let off steam. Place the hot water in the bowl.
- Get the cardboard and place over the bowl. Since it is a bit wider than the bowl, the bowl should be inside the round-shaped cardboard. This technique will contain the steam inside the cardboard while it goes up.
- Steam your face by placing your face over the cardboard opening. You will feel the warm steam coming upward to your face. You get a double benefit from this method as you will get relaxed while the glue on your eyelashes is loosened up. Stay on the steam until the water cools down.
- Get a cotton ball and wet it with the baby oil.
- Gently dab the cotton ball on your eye, preferably directly on the part where the eyelash extensions are attached to your natural lashes. Close your eye as you do this so the oil will not get in and cause blur on your vision. Take note too, that you do this with one eye after the other. Do not do it simultaneously in both eyes.
- Slowly take off the eyelash extensions from your eye. But do this only when you are sure that they have completely loosened off and can easily be detached already. Do not force the extensions to come off if the glue has not softened enough, as some of your natural lashes might get extracted too.
- Wash your face with soap and cool water after removing the eyelash extensions from both eyes. Towel off.
- Look in the mirror to make sure there are no glue residues or stray eyelash extensions left on your eyes.
Although removing eyelash extensions is practically a do it yourself procedure, be cautioned that there are times when you have to seek assistance from a professional beauty consultant. If your eyelash extensions were done by a beauty expert, then you need to have them removed by a professional beautician. You might as well ask the same person who did the eyelash extensions on you to undo her work when necessary.