Natural bath salts began to emerge when chemical companies started manufacturing products made out of sea salt. Manufacturers refine the salt and remove a large percentage of minerals to produce what many consumers now call natural bath salts or natural soaps. Bath salts whether natural or inorganic are usually products added to a bath with the purpose of enhancing bathing experience among others. Bath salt products that are developed to emulate the characteristics of natural minerals are magnesium sulfate, sodium bicarbonate, sodium chloride, sodium sesquicarbonate, sodium hexametaphosphate, and borax.
Seawater has therapeutic characteristics already proven over the centuries. Many people with injuries and infections have been treated and relieved by its healing properties. Hence health and skin care product manufacturers continue to produce natural soaps or organic bath soaps using sea salt as raw ingredient. These natural bath salts combined with natural fragrance serve as agents capable of nourishing the skin, relaxing the whole body, and providing physical as well as mental well being while you soak in the tub.
Naturally, the skin is the first recipient of the many benefits bath salts provide. To maximize your bathing experience, restore your skin, and get the best out of natural bath salts, these simple steps are worth a try.
- Dissolve adequate amount of natural bath salts in a tub of hot water.
- You may add natural fragrance according to your preference. You can choose from a wide variety of aromatherapy or essential oils such as eucalyptus, chamomile, calendula, lavender, peppermint, cyprus, etc.
- Add some honey if desired. A tablespoon or two of honey is good for both dry and normal skin. Some individuals add at least one to two quarts of whole milk into the mixture to soothe dry and sensitive skin.
- When you achieve your desired water temperature, climb in the bath with your favored mixture for as long as desired. Keep your mind free of worries. Simply soak, relax, breathe, and enjoy the bath.
- Rinse your body thoroughly with water.
- After toweling dry, apply liberal amount of moisturizing hand and body lotion all over your body.
Even during the bath you will already feel immediate effects. Do not forget to attend to your hair as well. A regular hair bath or shampoo bath completes an ideal total body regimen. For a more relaxing experience you may bathe with the lights off or simply light a candle or two. You will be surprised that it is more than just cleansing and restoring the skin. It is a rejuvenating experience for the mind and whole body as well. If you work the whole day standing up or sitting in front of the computer giving you sore tired feet, muscle tension or spasms, and stiff back, bathing in natural bath salts is an ideal routine at the end of the day. If you also have arthritis, minor injuries resulting from sports or other activities, and even emotional stress, a luxurious soak in the tub will definitely alleviate the tension and will leave you feeling refreshed and relaxed.