The month of October is one of the most exciting months of the year, especially for kids who love to go on trick or treat. This is a tradition wherein kids who are dressed as their favorite cartoon character or super hero knock at your door to ask for some treat from you. The treat usually is in the form of sweets like fruity candies. If you don’t give them any treat, then expect to receive a trick, which you probably won’t like. Sometimes kids leave something awful in your garden or, if you were really unlucky, they would sometimes throw stones at your window until it breaks. Halloween is indeed the best source of good memories for the children. That is why parents spend a great deal of time and effort in order for their children to be in their best costumes. As we all know, one of the most popular cartoons of all times is the Flintstones, and Pebbles is among the many favorite characters of kids today. So how exactly can one shop for a Pebbles costume?
Here are some useful tips on how to have a Pebbles costume:
- Make your own Pebbles costume. When making your own Pebbles costume, be sure that you are ready to spend money and exert effort. All you have to do is to look for a good picture of Pebbles so that you will have a pattern for your costume. Next is to shop for materials and devote some time to sew the costume. After all the hard work, you now have your self-made Pebbles costume!
- Visit your nearest mall. For some of you who can’t sew, one of the easiest ways to have a Pebbles costume is to visit your nearest mall and look for the costume section of a toy store or department store. This would definitely save you time and effort compared to making your very own costume.
- Search the Internet. In this day and age, a simple Pebbles costume is just a click of a mouse away from you, and that is through online shopping. I would say this is the most convenient way of shopping for a Pebbles costume.
- Borrow. When your sources tell you that you don’t have enough money to buy your own costume, you always have the option of borrowing. Ask some friends if they happen to have a Pebbles costume and borrow it from them. Just make sure to return it in good condition after using it.
- Improvise. Finally, when all else fails, resort to improvisation. Like the Flintstones, you should be resourceful enough to find things inside your closet that you can use to look just like Pebbles. If you are a creative person, rest assured you will succeed in your mission of getting as many cocoa treats as you like!
Aside from wearing the costume, it would also help to know the story of the Flintstones to be able to have an idea of how to present the character of Pebbles appropriately. Flintstones is a creative way of presenting to children what it was like living during the Stone Age where slate serves as a paper people write on, and marble together with granite are used to build their homes. More importantly, it is a story about a typical family living during that time and their similarities to families living in the modern world. The Flintstones show truly promotes knowledge about the Stone Age to children in an artistic manner. That is why their popularity among children and parents will never fade.