Surely, straightening your hair is a good change you can do for your hairstyle. However, some people tend not to do it because of the long process involved in getting a perfectly straight hair. No matter what steps you take, it seems that straightening your hair can eat too much of your time day after day. But with the option of straightening your hair while sleeping, a lot of people can get the chance to do this change for their selves.
Basically, the idea of straightening hair overnight seems to be crazy for a lot of people with curly hair. Despite this, this method of hair styling is proven to be effective for almost everybody. As a proof, you can check out these tips on how you can do this effectively:
- Wash your hair first. Before going to bed, wet and shampoo hair first to make sure it is clean for the process of straightening it up. Then, apply a good conditioner and let it sit on your hair for around five minutes. Do not rinse your hair yet. You still need to comb it to achieve a tangle-free hair. Afterwards, you can rinse your hair and towel dry it.
- Apply an anti-frizz product to your hair. With your hair still damp, apply a good anti-frizz product before you start wrapping it. Wrapping refers to the process of combing the hair flat to the head to encourage straightening.
- Start wrapping your hair. You can do this by first dividing your hair into two portions and then sectioning each part of your hair into two to three inches of horizontal breaks. Afterwards, comb each section one by one flatly to the head in a circular motion until it wraps around your head already. To secure it in place, pin it at the end.
- Finish wrapping your hair. Now, you need to do the same combing and wrapping process to the rest of the horizontal sections of your hair. You know when it is done when your hair looks similar to a skull cup.
- Cover your hair. To make sure that this setup of your hair is secured all throughout the night, cover it with a silk scarf. After doing so, you can get a good night sleep.
- Style your hair in the morning. After the night is over, take out each section of your wrapped hair one by one. Comb it up or use a blow dryer and a round brush for a better finish. Plus, you can apply some gloss on your hair to give out a shiny and smooth straight hair finish.
Now, who says straightening your hair needs to take too much of your time? With this, every waking hour is surely something you can always look forward to.