Every now and then, your hair gets a few hits that make it less strong and vulnerable to damage and breakage. Your hair needs the nutrients and the proper care to help strengthen it. Here are some of the ways you can do that:
- Your eating habits can affect immensely your overall health and on specific areas like your hair. First thing you should do is to change you eating habits. The strength of your hair can be affected with poor eating habits so you should make sure you have enough protein in your diet. You need to drink lots of water to rehydrate your hair and your body. If you are a vegetarian, you should eat up on protein food alternatives like nuts, corn and beans.
- Drink vitamins or supplements to strengthen your hair. Some vitamins help in restoring the lost dead cells in your body and hair follicles like vitamins E and A. Be sure not to rely entirely on the vitamin supplements. You should feed your hair with the proper diet most importantly.
- Another point to remember to help strengthen your hair is to change the way you treat your hair. If you are always a fan of hair styling, take into consideration that hot ironing, curling, straightening and even drying can cause a lot of damage to your hair. It can lessen its strength and break easily. Avoid over styling your hair too much. If you do not need to style your hair with curling or straightening irons, do not. Use only styling tools when really needed.
- After you take a shower, avoid brushing your hair when it is wet. Your hair is most vulnerable when wet. Brushing it would damage it. Wait for a few minutes before combing your hair through with a wide toothed comb. Not only will the wide toothed comb detangle your hair effectively, it will not force your hair to get detangled, thus less or no damage at all.
- Use hair coloring sparingly. Do not change colors every now and then. You should wait at least 3 months before applying hair coloring again. Perming your hair would lessen your hair's strength so if you can avoid perming your hair, do so.
- If you use the same shampoo and conditioner all the time, do not stick to just one brand. Your hair becomes accustomed to it and it becomes too accustomed that sometimes the shampoo and conditioner do not work as well as the first time you used it. If you buy your hair products, buy just the right size to last for a month then change your shampoo to another brand that suits you as well. Alternate hair products to keep your hair strong.
- You should trim your hair every two weeks to keep the ends healthy. When your hair ends are riddled with split ends, your hair tends to get brittle and snaps easily.
- Use hair treatments every week or month, depending on the treatment you are going to use. If you use a home hair treatment like intensive moisturizing or hot oil treatment, you should follow the treatment directions for every week application.
Always remember to feed your hair the right vitamins and supplements so it will always stay strong. Remember that your hair is probably the next most abused part of your body next to your skin.