Anime hairstyles vary radically, from plain and simple to exotic and wild. The main feature of anime hairstyles are angled bangs, which brings focus to the eyes and the face. Because anime hairstyles are intended for dark hair, light skin will seem a lot more vibrant and lively. If you are reading this article, you probably want to get an anime hairstyle for yourself! Here’s how to do it.
- If you want to chop off your existing locks and go for a completely new look, go to a hair stylist and have it done professionally. Anime hairstyles involve a lot of complex layers, which is difficult to do if you don’t have any training in hair styling. To give the hair stylist an idea, print out a picture of your favorite anime character and ask him or her to copy it.
- You can also go to your city’s Japan town if there is one, and look for an Asian hair salon. They’re more experienced in doing anime-style and Asian style haircuts.
- Anime characters are also known to have hair with crazy colors! If your parents or your school won’t mind you showing up in blue, green, or pink hair, you can dye your hair in those colors to look like your favorite anime character.
- To dye your hair, get a hair dye of the color of your choice. If you’re more experienced with dying your own hair, you can get two colors.
- Put on a pair of rubber gloves and wear an old t-shirt so the dye won’t damage any of your good clothes. Follow all the instructions that come with the dye.
- Make sure your coat your entire hair so it doesn’t look streaky. Set a timer for the amount of time you should leave the dye on your hair.
- When the timer goes off, put a little water into your hair and lather it, together with the dye. Let the dye sit for another minute before rinsing off completely in the shower.
- Use the conditioner in the dye kit and leave it on your hair for five minutes.
- Let your hair dry naturally instead of using a blow-dryer as this will make your hair more shiny. You can start washing your hair the way you normally would the next day.
- You can use styling product to give your a more “anime look”. Grab some styling wax and a lock of hair. Apply the wax to the tips of the lock to give it a “pointed” look.
- Wear your anime hairstyle with a lot of attitude!
If you don’t want an extreme-looking anime hairstyle, just ask your stylist to give you a lot of layers.
Anime hair colors don’t have to be weird, like blue or purple. Colors like auburn and ash blonde will look great on anime hairstyles too!
For a more tousled look, do not comb your hair after getting out of bed. Set your bed head with hairspray or styling product