There are those who have a natural thin hair. Having a thin hair may be hereditary. The thinning of the hair may also be due to stress. Either way, some of us really have thin hair. It may be embarrassing to some people because having thin hair practically means people can actually see your scalp. Thin hair it is harder to style and manage and you might think that it is hopeless. It does not have to be the case though. There are ways on how you can style your thin hair so that it will look good on you and you do not have to worry about people literally seeing your scalp.
Here are some ways on how to style and manage your thin hair:
- Good circulation is a great factor in promoting thicker, healthier hair. Massaging your scalp will aid you a lot in achieving a good circulation, and it is also relaxing. Whenever you take a bath, massage your scalp gently when you shampoo your hair.
- After shampooing and rinsing your hair, apply a light conditioner. Conditioners help in making your hair softer and more manageable to the styles that you prefer. Apply conditioner to your hair ends and avoid putting it on the hair roots.
- Use volumizing products for your hair. You can search on the Internet for good products or you can ask your hairdresser for volumizing shampoo or conditioner. You can also find one at the nearest drugstore. A volumizing spray, which can be found at the salon and drugstore can also be helpful for your hair. However, do not use too much volumizing spray or other products that might be too heavy for your hair, as they might make your hair limp with the weight of your hair products.
- If you plan to cut your hair, try cutting it to a moderate length such as it does not quite reach your shoulders. You can add layers to your hair to give it the look of thickness and fullness. You can spray it with a light volumizer to enhance the fullness of your hair.
- You can also curl your hair to make it look thick and bouncy. Ask your hairdresser to do it or you can do it yourself at home. Add a shine spray to make your hair shinier and more attractive.
- If your hair is naturally wavy, you should enhance it. Since your hair is already wavy, you need not curl it. You can air dry or blow dry your hair so that the wave of your hair will be more enhanced. Do not add more volumizing spray than what is necessary since it will just make your hair limp with the weight of the product.
You can do a lot of things to style your hair. Do not let yourself think that you have limited options since you have thin hair. There are a lot more ways that you can do to enhance your hair and make it look thick. Ask your hairdresser to style your hair or you can do it yourself by following the above tips.