The hair can be unpredictable at times, and it needs daily maintenance when it becomes frizzy. Usually, frizzy hair is caused by extreme cold and dry weather, lack of moisture in the hair and too much hair treatments. There are several ways to tame frizzy hair – some use household products, while others use commercial hair products and styling gadgets.
- The most basic way to tame frizzy hair is to air dry your hair after a bath, and apply a styling gel or hair mousse before combing. Other hair products that you can use are hair moisturizers, leave on conditioners and hair spray. This can also be an instant fix when you are on the go.
- To maintain soft hair and minimize frizzyness, use moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Frizz is caused by very dry hair, so moisturizing it from the shampooing stage will benefit the hair greatly and you will need less hair styling products after drying the hair once it has been moisturized with a good shampoo and conditioner.
- Once every week, it is best to use a hair spa product in place of your conditioner. Apply the hair spa product on your shampooed hair, then wrap it with a towel or a shower cap. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing. This will help moisturize the hair and it will be soft and smooth for a few days. Choose hair spa products that have natural ingredients to prevent hair damage.
- You can also opt to use household items to treat your hair. You can use either fresh egg, olive oil, body butter, massage oil, coconut oil, among many other household items. Use only one item at a time. You may apply your preferred household item on your hair after you have shampooed and air dried it. Apply from roots to tips, taking care that it does not drop to your face and ears. Leave it on for an hour, or overnight if you can bear it. Rinse it off with shampoo and water until the smell and stickiness is removed. You may need to shampoo more than once, especially if you left it overnight. Rinse thoroughly and air dry your hair. You can do this treatment once a week.
- You can also use hair styling gadgets when you need to go out after work or school, and you have no time to shampoo, moisturize and treat your hair for the occasion. Use a hair iron with Teflon plates to avoid immediate damage. Comb your hair in sections and iron from near the roots to the tips. You have the option to curl your hair with a hair iron – whatever style you wish, the hair iron surely tames the frizz.
- You can also use a blow dryer if you wish to add volume to your hair, but when you use a blow dryer, you will need to apply hair moisturizers to tame the frizz.
If your hair is really dry and no amount of moisturizing products can tame it, it must be time to have a haircut.