Every once in a while in a woman’s life, having long and straight hair can make her feel plain and outdated. If you are in this situation and would like to change your hairstyle for something more wavy and trendy, there are tools that you can now use to curl your hair without having to get a permanent perm. These handy hair styling appliances come in different shapes to give different types of curls and waves to straight hair. One of these is called a three-barrel waver. It gives soft horizontal waves to long hair that can look sexy and alluring. Here are the steps on how to use a three-barrel waver.
- Wash your hair and dry it. Part your hair in two, taking the top section along the middle of ears and secure this hair section on top of your head. The waving of your hair should begin from the back of your head, near your nape.
- Comb down the lower part of your hair. Starting from the center part of your nape, take a section of hair about four centimeters wide and an inch thick. Spritz it lightly with hair spray to make the wave hold. To not use too much so that the waves will still be remain soft. Hold the hair in one hair, keeping it in place between your index and middle finger.
- Place the section of hair between the bottom plate and the top barrels of the waver. The waver must be about two centimeters away from your scalp to avoid getting burned. Close the clamp of the waver and hold it in place for about five seconds. Tilt the waver slightly to produce more natural-looking waves. Pull the hair away from your scalp to create movement in the waves and avoid making them look like stiff wavy patterns.
- Continue moving down the length of your hair. Make sure that the last wave of the initial curl you made fits exactly over one of the barrels. This will insure that you will have smooth and even waves with no gaps. Tuck the ends of your hair into the barrel so that there will be no straggly straight ends.
- After you have finished waving the bottom section of your hair it is time to do the top. Part your hair the way you want it to fall and gather one section and secure it. Start with the under layers as usual.
- To ensure that your wavy hair will lie close to your head and not form a pyramid, the top hair sections should be waved about two and half to three inches from the roots. This will allow for the hair on top of your head to fall gently all the way down.
- Use the end of a comb with a pointed handle or your fingers to separate the waves and spread the hair more naturally over your head.
These new hairstyling appliances are great to have when you want to experiment with a new non-permanent hairstyle. They can be used with any length of hair. Create a new look with the three-barreled waver and wow your friends. Using your fingers to shake and separate the curls will result in a more softer and natural looking wavy hair.