In this day and age, piercing is in fashion. There are a lot of people who do body piercing as a profession. They make use of surgical needles especially when dealing those areas that are difficult to pierce.
They also make use of a piercing gun when it comes to the ears. It is easier and faster to use. In addition to that, it inflicts less pain on the customer as opposed to piercing with the use of a needle. If you are planning on doing this on your own, you have to take good care of your earlobes. So here are the proper steps on how to use an ear piercing gun.
- Examine your earlobes. Make sure that you do not have any infections, wounds, or whatever type of blemishes on that area. Having any skin problem on the earlobe could cause infections once you are done piercing. Moreover, if you are diabetic, epileptic, if you suffer from hypertension or any heart disease, consult with your doctor if it is safe for you to utilize an ear piercing gun on yourself.
- Tie or clip your hair back. Make sure that no hair is covering your ears. This is important because your hair contains a lot of unseen bacteria and dirt even if it is newly washed.
- Gather all the piercing equipment and supplies you need. These are the piercing gun, alcohol, cotton, needles, and the studs you will be piercing through your ears. Lay them on a clean towel to ensure that it won't gather any bacteria.
- Disinfect your hands by washing them well with an antibacterial soap. As much as possible, do not touch surfaces once you have already had your hands washed.
- Put some alcohol on a pad of cotton. Disinfect your earlobes with this before piercing it with a gun. Do not forget to clean the back of your earlobes as well. All in all, you have to make sure that the skin you are working on is clean.
Follow the instructions in the manual on how to place the needle and the stud into the piercing gun.
- Before piercing, you might want to mark which spot on your earlobes you want the hole to be on. Do not use a regular pen or a pencil for this. It can lead to a form of infection or could also poison your blood.
- Make use of a surgical pen instead. This will also allow you to pierce evenly on both ears. Aim the needle of the center of the marked location.
- Press the trigger abruptly. Make no hesitations. Trying do it slowly may not allow the needle to penetrate well.
After successfully piercing the stud through your earlobe, disinfect the area once again.
The most important thing in going through this whole procedure is to find a clean place to work on. You don't want to gather any bacteria that may lead to an infection. You might be in fashion, but having an infection is definitely unattractive.