Clearasil is a very popular and generally effective skin-care brand that was formulated initially to target oily and acne-prone skin. Currently, however, this brand offers a wide variety of cleansers, facial pads, scrubs and treatment creams that are meant to be used on different skin types. How you will use Clearasil will depend mostly on the skin type that you have and the particular skin issue that you want resolved. Here are some of the basic guidelines to remember if you are interested in using Clearasil for your face:
- If you have oily skin. The best Clearasil product that you would need is the Ultra line of skin care products. Your regimen could include Ultra Daily Face Wash and Ultra Overnight Wash for regular cleansing, and Ultra Overnight Face Lotion helps to reduce pimples while you sleep.
- If you are prone to pimples. If you tend to have frequent breakouts, you could follow this regimen: Ultra Acne Clearing Gel Wash, then Ultra Clearing Scrub, and lastly, Ultra Rapid Action Vanishing Treatment Cream. These products contain salicylic acid, which is an effective ingredient against pimples. They also work together to deep clean your pores and to control facial oil. The Vanishing Treatment cream, which contains Benzoyl Peroxide, is specially formulated to reduce acne in as little as four hours; you should apply it over your pimples. During the day you could wear a tinted variety, to double as cover-up.
- If you have dry skin. Dry skin needs gentle ingredients to prevent further dryness. The Stayclear line of products, which contains glycerin and aloe, help moisturize the skin while cleaning it. Your recommended regimen is the Stayclear Daily Facial Wash or Facial Scrub (to gently exfoliate the skin as well), followed by the Ultra Overnight Face Lotion to prevent breakouts.
- If you have normal/ combination skin. The skincare regimen you could try would be the following: StayClear Daily Facial Scrub for daily cleansing and exfoliating, and the Ultra Overnight Wash at night to help combat pimples while you sleep. You could also deep-clean your pores using the StayClear Daily Pore Cleansing pads, which contains menthol to refresh your skin at the same time.
- If you have sensitive skin. Sensitive skin needs the gentlest of ingredients to prevent irritation. Your daily regimen could be the following: StayClear Daily Face Wash for Sensitive Skin, followed by the StayClear Daily Facial Scrub, and the StayClear Daily Pore Cleansing Pads.
- If you have blackheads or whiteheads. Having blackheads and whiteheads means that you have to take extra effort to cleanse your pores. If you have acne-prone skin, you could try out Clearasil’s Ultra Rapid Action Pads; if you have dry or sensitive skin, you could stick to Clearasil StayClear Daily Pore Cleansing Pads.
Remember, the best skin care regimen should be accompanied by proper nutrition and an overall healthful lifestyle as well. Make sure that you eat food that are known to improve the skin’s overall condition, and that you drink lots of water to help cleanse your body from within. And most of all, you should make sure that you keep yourself stress-free – another reason to go ahead and pamper yourself all the more! Good luck, and hope this helped!