DermaWand is an electronic skin care device that uses thermal (heat) energy and enriched oxygen in order to rejuvenate the skin. It is a small, cylindrical handheld device that you could easily use on the skin on your face even in the comfort of your own home. If you’re interested in knowing how to use a DermaWand, here are some of the guidelines that would help you out:
- Know how it works. DermaWand looks something like a jumbo pen with a contoured bulb at its end. The bulb sends off heat energy upon contact with the skin, and it also works to gently massage the skin (doing 114,000 cycles or rotations per second). In addition, it releases enriched oxygen that will be absorbed by the skin, which in turn is supposed to make it more refined and younger-looking.
- Know the benefits of DermaWand. Its purported benefits include the following: younger looking skin with a healthy glow, reduced fine lines and wrinkles, smoother skin and smaller pores. Of course, it will depend on how properly the device was used, along with the skin type, skin condition and other factors (lifestyle, etc) as to how effective it will be.
- Prepare your skin. Before using the DermaWand, it’s important that you cleanse your face with a good cleanser (appropriate for your skin type) and then follow up with a facial moisturizer. You can also buy the moisturizer that accompanies the Derma Wand product.
- Prepare the DermaWand. You’d have to plug in the DermaWand and wait for it to heat up (about one minute) before you place it near your face. If you are just new to this product, it’s best that you start with the lowest setting first. You can test the DermaWand on your palm to see if it’s ready before letting it near your face. Once your face gets used to the procedure, you may opt to gradually increase the settings later on.
- Know the procedure. Simply place the tip (the end with the bulb) on your face; you should apply gentle pressure but make sure that it actually comes into contact with your facial skin. Once it is applying pressure to your skin, you would see the bulb glow.
Apply the DermaWand on your face in gentle, circular motions until it has touched the entire surface area of your face (make sure that the bulb is in contact with your skin at all times). You would want to concentrate on areas in your skin that need particular attention, such as areas with wrinkles, redness, scarring or open pores.
You should do this treatment for 2 to 5 minutes, up to twice a day (morning and night). After a while, you could reduce your treatments to four times a week only.
- Know what to expect. During the treatment, you will feel a gentle vibrating motion from the DermaWand; this is how it stimulates and rejuvenates the skin on your face. You will also hear a slight buzzing sound.
DermaWand is generally regarded to be an effective product, though of course results will vary. Just be sure to follow the correct procedure, do this in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle, and get ready to enjoy more beautiful skin! Good luck, and hope this helped.