Skin peeling is good to get rid of dead skin cells and reveal smoother and more radiant skin. In some cases, skin peeling treatments are needed for certain skin conditions. There are a lot of treatments available in spas and beauty clinics but these may be too expensive. Most treatments are a series of sessions and you also need to buy maintenance creams. If you have normal skin condition and you are not undergoing any medical treatment for your skin, then you can try using home skin peeling treatments and save a lot on your money.
A lot of the home skin peeling treatments are natural – vegetables and fruits used on the skin. If you will observe, the manufactured soaps in the supermarket are all made from some fruit or vegetable. This is because these fruits have natural exfoliating properties. Read on to find out how you can take advantage of these affordable, and readily available skin peeling treatments from home.
- There are lots of fruits that you can find in your fridge that you can also use for your face and body. Here are some of these fruits: orange, lemon, grapefruit, apple, and papaya. Vegetables such as cucumber are also good for the skin. The fruit juices and extracts help loosen up dead skin, making it easier to remove when rinsed with water. The component of these fruits is called alpha hydroxy acid that you can find in a lot of beauty products.
- Whatever fruit is available in your home, like if you have lemon, squeeze out the juice and refrigerate it. Take about a teaspoon of the juice and pat it on your face after cleansing. Let it stand for ten minutes before rinsing it off. This will help exfoliate and peel the skin naturally.
- For smaller fruits such as grapes or strawberries, you can just slice them and rub them on your skin directly.
- Aside from fruit extracts, you can also use milk as it also has alpha hydroxy acid. Powdered milk is not advisable. Use natural milk and dab it on your face after cleansing. You skin will feel tight as it dries. Thoroughly rinse it off with water.
- There are other home skin peeling treatments that you can use as long as you do not have breakouts and wounds on the skin. You can use cider and apply it on the skin in the same way as the milk. It may feel a bit hot at first, especially when you have sensitive skin. However, if you feel some irritation, rinse it off well with water and refrain from using cider until your skin is totally healed.
- Aside from applying fruit extracts on your skin, take in lots of fluids. Eat fresh fruits, vegetables and minimize oily and fatty foods and sweets. This will help rejuvenate your skin from within and when you peel, the skin surface will appear healthy and glowing. The best part is that you only not take care of your skin, but your whole body as well.