You do not have to spend a lot of money on expensive beauty treatments and cosmetics to have a clean face. Today more cosmetics and facial hygiene products are being made from organic and natural ingredients that are believed to provide better treatment and benefits to skin. And these can be very expensive. But why buy them when you can easily make some of facial cleansers at home using the things that you have in your kitchen. Vegetables, fruits, oils and nuts regularly found in your kitchen pantry can be mixed to make a good natural facial cleanser that is fresh and gentle on your skin and still provide you with the right cleaning power to keep your skin soft, smooth and clean. Below are some ideas.
- Two of the most commonly used ingredients in natural face cleaning are milk and honey. Milk is a natural cleanser and skin soother. It can also exfoliate and whiten the skin. Honey is a natural humectant, sealing the moisture on your skin to keep it supple and hydrated. To make this facial cleaner, warm up a teaspoon of honey in a double boiler or microwave until it is runny and mix it with a tablespoon of milk and allow it to cool until it is warm to the touch. Apply over your face in gentle circular motions until all of your face have been coated and scrubbed. Rinse off with warm water and pat your face dry with a soft towel.
- To make a stimulating facial cleanser that will leave your face smooth, tight and smelling good and fresh blend together one ripe tomato, 1 tablespoon each of fresh lemon and orange juices and two tablespoons of milk. Use this mixture to wash your face. Keep the remaining mixture in the refrigerator for a few days. Note that it is better to mix a fresh batch when needed.
- If you have dry and sensitive skin, you can whip up this gentle facial cleanser made from milk, cream and dry chamomile flowers, which you can buy from a health food, store. Combine two tablespoons of crushed dry chamomile flowers, four tablespoons each of milk and cream. Heat the mixture in a double boiler but do not allow it to boil. Allow the mixture to cool before you use it to clean your face. The rest of the mixture can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days.
- Mix up a fresh batch of a stimulating and revitalizing facial cleanser that is good for any skin type. Peel a quarter of an apple and place it in the food processor. Add a teaspoon of almond oil and a teaspoon of fresh lime juice. Combine this with two tablespoons of plain and unflavored yogurt. Process the ingredients until you get a watery mix. The acids will clean you face, remove dead skin cells, and tighten your pores and the almond oil will seal in the moisture.
- If you have oily skin this one is for you. Crush two tablespoons of fennel seeds and add this to one half cup of buttermilk. Place the ingredients in a small pot and heat it in a double boiler. Allow the mixture to simmer for thirty minutes before you remove it from the heat and letting it steep for three hours before you use it. Keep the rest in the refrigerator, ready for use the following day.
- If you want to do some deep facial cleansing once a week, here is a very good recipe that is also very soothing to the skin. Grind three tablespoons of oatmeal until you get a fine powder. Warm two tablespoons of cream in the microwave for about fifteen to twenty seconds. Add one tablespoon of dark organic honey to the cream and mix thoroughly before slowly adding the oatmeal powder, stirring constantly. Leave it alone for five minutes before you add two drop each of juniper berry oil and lavender oil. Blend the mixture thoroughly. Dampen your face with warm water and apply the mixture to your face and neck in gentle circular motions to slough off your skin and remove embedded grime from your pores. Use warm water to rinse it off. Splash your face with cold water after rinsing it to close the pores.
So you see you do not have to spend so much on commercial facial cleansers when there are a lot of ingredients available in your kitchen panty. With the available ingredients you can easily whip up a batch to clean your face whenever you want to and you can use different fruits and vegetables for variety.