Make up is meant to highlight and enhance your natural beauty. Expert application of make you can make a big difference in how you look at any age. In fact makeup can either make you look older or younger depending on how you apply it and the make up colors that you use. If you have reached the age of forty and have notice that your age is beginning to show in your face, it is about time to think of some makeup changes to give you a good age-defying lift. Here are some tips on how to use make up after age forty to look younger.
- Take a good look at your face in the mirror. It is better if you have a magnifying mirror and view your face in bright light so that you can spot the areas that can benefit from the clever application of the right make up.
- Take a look at pictures of women in your age bracket who look much younger than their age. Read up on how they maintain their youthful looks and follow some of their suggestions. Some makeup brands have a line that is made exactly for mature women. They have more moisturizing ingredients as well as new formulation to make the make up adhere better to mature skin.
- Change your beauty routine. Aging skin need more moisturizers. Look for moisturizers that are light on the skin but packed with more emollients to keep your skin hydrated. There are gel type moisturizers that are easily absorbed by the skin.
- Protect your skin from the sun. The sun’s rays can age you your skin faster. Make it a habit to apply sunscreen with SPF between 15 to 45, depending on the strength of the sun’s rays. Use sunglasses to protect your eyes and prevent you from squinting, which can form tiny lines at the corners of your eyes. Protect your head by wearing a scarf or a hat.
- Make an appointment with a beauty consultant so that you can get expert advice on how to thin your eyebrows, which tend to sag as you grow older. A thinner eyebrow will open up your face. You should also get a new set of blushers and eye shadow colors. Light colors will work best. Use a light, water-based foundation and loose powder in golden or beige tones, as well as a concealer to hide skin blemishes. The beauty consultant will be able to help you choose the right shades suitable to your skin. Do not choose matte makeup, as this will only emphasize the age lines.
- Softer and lighter colors will make your face look younger. Pinkish blushers, light colored, non-shiny eye shadows and dark brown or black mascara on curled lashes will effectively give you a youthful glow. Since the eyes will be droopy as you age, it is important to open up the eye area by curling your lashes, applying eye pencil to your upper lid as well as half of your lower lash line from the outside corners. Use brown or gray eye pencils rather than black. Make sure that you apply makeup with a light hand or it will look too fake. Good lipstick colors are plum, bronze, copper, coral or burgundy. Choose lipsticks with lots of moisturizers to plump your lips.
A change in diet and how you view life can make a big difference. So too exercise and maintaining a happy and simple lifestyle. A new hairstyle can also make a big impact on making your look younger. Enhancing your hair color and adding some natural looking highlights will also help. Make up is a temporary cover up for signs of aging. Bring out your beauty and youth from within and you will look younger.