Then, a tiara symbolizes royalty. Only those of the royal family can wear a tiara. But today, it’s already considered as a hair accessory. Anyone can wear it on any occasion. A tiara can even be worn as a part of your everyday outfit. Wearing this requires confidence, though. Start getting that needed confidence by knowing how to wear a tiara the proper way.
Unlike the popular belief, a tiara should not be put on your head like a comb or a headband. There is a proper way to wear a tiara so it will not rob attention from your entire outfit. Follow the tips below if you are planning to correctly wear a tiara:
- Buy the right tiara. It will be very overwhelming to wear a very high and very big tiara. This should be okay if you are planning to look like a renaissance queen or a winner in a prestigious international beauty contest. A big tiara is okay if you want the tiara to be the center of attention. If not, then you should choose a simpler and smaller tiara.
The perfect tiara should be as high or a little higher than your hairdo. So, plan how you want to do your hair. Your hair will serve as the tiara’s background. The tiara should look like a part of your hair style. It should not be a separate piece or you’ll look like someone who’s wearing a tiara just for the sake of wearing it.
- Consider other head accessories. A veil can also be worn along with the tiara. This is commonly the choice for brides. If that’s the case, then you should wear the tiara in front of the veil. Put the veil and the comb on first before you wear the tiara. This way, you can find the perfect spot for the small crown.
- Middle of the top head. The tiara is not worn just above the forehead. This is actually a common mistake when wearing a tiara. The crown should be worn near the middle of the head’s top side. This way, the tiara will go well with the hairdo and will not look like a separate accessory.
- 45 degrees rule. Besides placing it at the middle, the tiara should also be tilted about 45 degrees from the head. That means it should not be so upright, as how many would wear it. It should not be worn too tilted that it will have a bad angle. Wearing it at 45 degrees angle is enough to make it look like a prestigious head accessory.
- Use bobby pins. Try to move your head with the tiara on. If it seems unsecured, better use bobby pins to hold it in place. The tiara should not dictate your movement. The bobby pins can be hidden under the hair, exposing only the designed part of the tiara.
The tiara can make a big difference on your entire outfit. But wearing this one deserves your cooperation. Be proud while wearing it and have a beaming confidence. You may have worn the perfect tiara rightly but without confidence, you will only defeat the real purpose of the headpiece—to add glamorous appeal on you.