Here's a public service announcement from your resident fashionista: wear colorful shoes! Most women stick to brown or black shoes because they "go with everything", but with a little imagination, so can colorful shoes! Now that spring is here and summer is approaching, it is the perfect time to put away your boots and have fun with colorful flats and heels. The great thing about a pair of shoes in eye-popping colors is that they add so much interest to an otherwise boring and ordinary outfit. But how exactly can you pull off colorful shoes without looking like you're swimming in paint? Read on to find out!
- If the only shoes in your closet are in blacks, browns and whites, it's high time you went to the nearest store and bought yourself a great pair of colorful shoes. The easiest way to go about it is choosing a solid color- red, pink, blue, yellow, purple, or teal. If you're not sure about wearing colorful shoes that stand out too much, you can opt for more muted shades.
- Don't shy away from textures and patterns, either! Floral prints, snakeskin, fish scales, and animal skin look so high fashion. Shiny patent leather shoes also add a dash of old Hollywood glam to your wardrobe.
- Grab your favorite jeans from your closet and pair your new shoes with the appropriate top.
- For solid color shoes, pick out a printed top with prints in the same shade or a complementing shade with your shoes. Let's say you've got purple heels. Wear these with a white top with purple polka dots. You can also wear solid color shoes with solid color tops of the same shade. Another option is to wear a white top, and doll up with accessories in the same shade as your shoes.
- For printed shoes, solid colored tops and dresses are your best bet. Otherwise, you'll end up with a very busy look that has too much of a good thing.
- When wearing dresses with your colorful shoes, follow the same rules as with the tops: printed dresses in similar shades for single color shoes, single color dresses for printed shoes.
- For evening wear, grab that little black dress from the back of your closet and pair it with your colorful shoes. But don't head to your event without a purse in a color that complements your shoes!
- You can also add a splash of color to a black and white ensemble with a pair of colorful shoes. Red and deep purple are the best shades.
- Experiment with unexpected color combinations, like pink with green or blue with purple.
Metallic colored shoes can act as neutrals if you choose a shade that complements your existing wardrobe. Silver and platinum are cool colors, whereas coppers and golds are warm.