It is the summer once again which means it is going to get really hot. Jackets, sweaters and long-sleeved shirts should be tucked away in the closet until it gets colder and sundresses and short-sleeves are in fashion once again. One tiny problem though: one peek at your underarms shows that you may want to hold back from wearing anything too revealing. There go all your plans of wearing dresses and comfy shirts out the window. Do not worry, having dark underarms is not the end of the world. There are many ways of whitening them. Here is how to whiten dark underarms naturally:
- Using lemons. The best ways to whiten your dark underarms are most often found through the power of lemons. The most common remedy is to slice a lemon in half and rub the exposed fruit on your underarms and let it set for around half an hour. Rinse off afterwards and do this twice a day, in the morning after you wake up and in the evening before going to bed. You can also use a lemon and alum combination. After rubbing with the lemon halves, rub powdered alum next and leave this on overnight. Make sure to do this after taking a bath. You can also create a lemon and honey mixture to use on your dark armpits. Mix 1 tablespoon each of lemon juice and honey and apply that on your underarms. Let it sit for about half an hour and rinse with warm water. Apply powdered alum after.
- Using lime juice. You can substitute lemons for lime. Apply the juice of one line onto your dark underarms and rinse it off after half an hour to whiten your armpits.
- Using gram flour. A mixture of equal parts green gram and gram flour will also do the trick. Gram flour is a very effective cleansing agent which will also bleach your skin.
- Using radish seeds. You can also whiten your underarms with a paste made up of radish seeds and milk or water. Radish seeds are effective bleaching agents.
- Using coconut oil. A good way to prevent your underarms from darkening is a mixture of coconut and vitamin E oil.
- Using potato juice. Mash raw potatoes and extract the juice. Apply a lot of the juice on your underarms, let it dry and rinse off with cold water.
- Using turmeric paste. A good whitening remedy is applying a mixture of turmeric paste and lemon juice or milk cream just before going to bed. In the morning, rinse off with cold water and apply coconut oil.
- Using a sandalwood and rose water mixture. Mix together sandalwood powder and rose water to create an underarm whitening solution that you can apply directly to your underarms.
- Using licorice. The extract of licorice mixed together with aspen and raspberry extracts creates another whitening solution. Licorice extracts stimulate the production of a skin whitening agent called pheomelanin.
- Using green papayas. Green papaya fruit applied liberally onto your dark underarms will induce whitening if done so for over a week.
Don’t be shy about your dark underarms anymore. There are lots of natural ways to get rid of them. Pick one and see for yourself!