It's not a secret if it's not secret. Producers claim that their body wrap is the best there is in the market but keep their ingredients a closely guarded secret, and their formulas even more secretly. To those who have tried a spa wrap or a contour wrap, though, no matter what the ingredients were, they remembered the awe that came with the lost inches off their bare arms, soft abdomens or flabby thighs even after one try.
So let this list of exposed body wrap ‘products' be a sort of ‘thank you' from all the herbs, mud or clays that have touched your skin and made it glow.
- Aloe vera is commonly used for cosmetics, as well as for its properties to help heal and soothe burns. Studies show that aloe also has antibacterial and antifungal properties and may even relieve the itching that comes from genital herpes and psoriasis (not that you have them, of course but it's good to know).
- Magnesium sulfate is used for blemishes and acne, but do you know that magnesium increases serotonin (your body's mood regulator), leaving you feeling relaxed and calm? It's perfect after a long hard day at work.
- Yelp and bladder wrack contain iodine, the mineral essential for proper thyroid functioning. Thyroid is the organ that serves as the regulator for your body's entire metabolic rate, which means the healthier your thyroid, the faster and the more you use up your body's sugar. The less you accumulate the sugar, the more energetic you'd feel.
- Burdock roots, red clover and papaya leaves have many other uses, but when these ingredients are applied to the skin, they treat skin disorders like cuts, rashes, stings, burns, eczema, psoriasis and even stubborn acne.
- Pau d'Arco, in the States, is more commonly referred to as the gorgeous golden or crimson timber trees that lined housing properties. Yet this humble herb also has antibiotic and disinfectant properties and is manufactured extensively in other countries as strong liniment.
- Alfalfa, dandelion and Rose Hips are all rich in Vitamin C. Rose hips are, in fact one of the most abundant suppliers of this vitamin in plants. Alfalfa goes an extra mile, boosting large amounts of Vitamins A, B, D, E and K, calcium, protein, and minerals.
- Yellow dock is popularized by herbalists because of its excellent blood-cleansing properties. The herb attaches itself with toxins such as lead and arsenic to be eliminated from the body in feces or urine.
- Ginger and fennel are widely used as herbal ingredients in products like the body wrap because of their distinguishing aroma.
- Lavender and chamomile generally produce a relaxing effect.
These ingredients may not be present all at once, but what you know won't hurt you. Asking may not help you much: manufacturers of body wraps are notoriously hard to locate.
As for getting another round of body wrap, you may pick out the most convenient spa packages, buy a home kit, or check online for products, etc. The home kit gives you at most $100 off the cost from what most spas charge. Or you could shop for body shapewear for a body slimmer than slim.
If you haven't tried a body wrap yet, it's probably time to explore the method, which may give you the results you've always wanted (and craved). It's more than just you wanting it. It's about you deserving it.